Monday, April 7, 2008

Do you really wanna know how I was dancing on the stall?

Well, it's been a little over a week now and still no word from my father. I've asked my bro to see if he's mentioned anything but nada. First off, I wanted to say thanks to your comments and thoughts about this whole situation. It means sooo much to get inputs on this rather than going through it alone. At this time, I'm not bogged down about it. If he comes around, great. If not, I can't let it get to me since it's not gonna do me any good.

This pic I actually took the day after "the talk". I was feeling down that Saturday and really didn't wanna stay home so I decided to go to the National Mall to help not to remember. I spoke to a few folks I could possibly go with but with barely knowing them, I really didn't want to go through the getting-to-know conversations when all I'd want to do is let it all out and have someone to just be there.

Anyway, off to the Mall I went and I visited a few museums. Sackler, African Art, Smithsonian Garden. Just walked around as well and watched people playing, walking, talking, just interacting with each other. It was a really nice day and it was the Kite Festival as well so there were quite a few you'd see up in the sky. I offered to take a picture of a few people. One of those things I do when I feel down, doing a deed for others without expecting anything. It helps to take my focus onto something outside myself and it does help me feel better, if not completely. With the pic, I was in the bathroom as you can see with the urinal in the back and all. I take pics depending how I feel to sorta serve as a reminder about a certain point in my life. And it makes me laugh too when I make faces for a picture. Thank god nobody walked in on me. *You can click on the pic and see other ones I took

To be honest, I don't remember what I did that evening. This past weekend, C- and I volunteered at an elementary school to help paint, landscape the school. We got tasked to paint some art though which was neat. They were sorta like the iPod commercial where it's a person's silhouette in one color, and the background in a contrasting one. Afterwards, we dropped off our friend and made our way out to the Mall and went paddle boating. It was nice though I got a bit nervous when we were actually paddling around. Then, stopped at the fish market on the way home to get some crabs. Then, just stayed in.

Sunday, spent the day being lazy and cleaned some, did the laundry, washed the dishes. Went to Hooters in the evening and that was that. I've never had their wings until now..

Well that's all for now. I'm alive and well, thanks once again. *Smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment