Thursday, June 5, 2008

May...

I actually was gonna post a video blog instead few days ago but decided not to, as to why I do not know. I guess I was a bit nervous what people would think of me, and here I was thinking I'm past all that.

The weather has been a bit crazy here in the Northern VA/DC area. We lost power at work for about 3 hrs but they had generators though so I still had to stay 'til 8 which is my shift in the time being. I'm really hoping to get back to a "normal" schedule soon. I thought I liked this shift since I get some quiet time from 6-8 when just about everyone's gone but it's getting boring. I get out and really can't do much since everything's almost closed by then.

I actually witnessed an accident on the Capital Beltway and I guess it shook me up a bit. There was a truck that was stalled to my left lane, and a truck from two lanes to the left actually went to that lane, not realizing that the other truck was stopped. We were driving right next to
each other, and when I saw what was about to happen, I just looked rather than actually switching lanes to get far from it. The second truck finally saw the stalled truck and he quickly changed lanes to try to avoid hitting it. But since it was a big truck, the back part didn't move quite as fast and it smashed right into the stalled one. I saw debris flying in the air and I just though Oh shit!! If the truck would have veered right, I would have been hit. I checked the rear view mirror to see if the driver was okay, and he didn't get hit so that's a good thing. But still, I can only imagine what was going through inside him right at that moment. I probably would start crying, I don't know.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned that my mom finally got a full-time job and will get benefits soon enough. I'm really glad for her, she's come a long way from the time she arrived last year. She's become more independent and last night when I spoke to her on the phone, it was a good
talk overall which lasted for an hour and a half, like we used to do before she came here. I was set though, on not giving in and giving some extra money to cover the rent. I know she's making enough now, with the full-time job and a part-time one she's doing. I was paying for her full rent for a while and it kinda got to me, as some blogger-friends would know. I tried not to post about it here but vented to two of 'em when I talk to them online. It was a nice conversation since growing up, we really never had these talks. We ended up crying here and there during the talk. It started when my Dad became the subject. She was saying how she loved him with all her heart and that when he married someone else, it broke her heart. We talked about how she didn't pay mind to all the other guys that are even offering to marry her because she was in love with him. I chuckled when she told me that even before she actually knew my dad, she used to get jealous when he'd bring girls with him where she worked at.It's one of those things she can't explain either as to what it was about my dad that made her love him that much. After him, she really didn't see anyone else until I was about 14 or 15 yrs old. She focused completely on raising me. I look just like my dad so yea, there's something not right there lol.

Me being gay came up as well how my dad probably blames her and her side of the family for it. I told her that it really had nothing to do with how I was raised. She asked if I've told him yet, and I lied and said No since I know how she gets. She seems to take it harder when things happen to me, that I would just think "I'm the one in the center of all this and this has really nothing to do with you!" but I guess, that whole seeing "how your loved one is hurt hurts you more" comes into play. We talked about relationships, lessons she's learned in life so am glad she's grown a lot and has become her own self. She has spent a long time listening to what others tell her to do, but those are all gone. I sometimes feel like a father telling her to live her own life now and do what makes HER happy. She's a really good person and she's
really devoted to the family, to a fault that she thinks about everybody but herself.

We also talked about how when she got married and I didn't like my stepdad initially. How it was the same thing when she moved here and didn't like that I'm in a relationship with C- and living with him. She was like, Now you know how it was for me. I chuckled since I didn't think about it like that until then. Growing up, I really ended up just bottling everything in since it really didn't feel like I had anyone I can talk to. I think I just dealt with it the best (not the healthiest) way that I can. But still, I had enough sense not to get into any addiction. Didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't try illegal substances. As long as I had my dose of Spice(Girls) when I was a teenager, I was set. Kinda silly but ya know, it made me happy and that was enough.

It might sound like I had a really fucked up life but it's really a mix, the good balances the bad. My family was loving yet crazy in some ways but no family is perfect, or do they actually exist? If they do, please let me know, I'd want to meet them.

It's been good for the most part. I know it's been a few weeks but Memorial Day weekend was nice. We did touristy things here in the DC area. Went to Mt Vernon which was where George Washington lived, rented a bike and rode it for 10-15 miles from DC over the bridge to Virginia. I was sore a few days after but it's good overall. There are more pictures when you click the pic to the left, we took this when we were resting.

Last weekend, I volunteered for Stonewall Regatta. It was a rowing competition hosted by the DC Strokes and they had competitors from different areas. I had a good time, I was a timer at the finish line. I think it's something I'm gonna try to get into eventually. Their Learning to Row program was full but I did e-mail them saying I'd be interested to be in the program. Though it probably would be a good idea to learn how to swim first. I posted an ad looking for someone to teach me, but didn't know that C- knows how to swim so he's gonna be the one teaching me. With moving and all, it might have to wait 'til July.

That's about it really, and here I was thinking I had nothing to blog about anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment