Friday, June 2, 2006

So I'd be leaving...

Well everything's set and me and my cousin will be flying out this Tuesday for Manila. She wanted to catch the same flight, and good thing we found one where we can fly together considering she's leaving from Colorado while I, from Virginia on the other hand. We're finally good to go though we were having second thoughts here and there about coming.

I had to let the people at work know that I'm gonna be taking an emergency leave. At first, had a bit of an issue trying to get a plane ticket and my boss sort of, let the higher ups know what was going on. I didn't realize what was going on behind the scenes, but come to find out, they were actually gonna cover the plane ticket. Thing is, it would have to only be with Northwest and when I stopped by to check for any flights I could take, the earliest one they had was on the 12th. I really didn't want to get a flight with them either, since I'd have to fly directly to Manila from Detroit. With going commercial, I'm gonna be able to spend a night or so in California which is just what's going to be happening. I'll stay one night in LA, then wait for my cousin to come in Tuesday and fly the same day. On my way back, will be making a stop in San Francisco for a few days.

I really wasn't considering stopping at my dad's but my stepmom's voicemail kinda made me want to go see them now. Ended up crying a bit before I went to bed just listening to her message. I WAS gonna try to get some sleep. However, I had to come by work to sign documents saying I'll be going on emergency leave etc etc Figured ok, I'll just have to sign and go right back home and sleep. But that wasn't the case. Ended up staying around for three more hours trying to figure out a game plan for my leaving. I was really surprised they were gonna cover the cost of the trip, well parts of it at least. What ended up happening is I pay out of pocket and will get parts of it reimbursed when I get back. If they did, great, if not I'll live. I really wasn't expecting that from them, but it was thoughtful of my squadron to do so. After getting that done, I just went back to the house and tried to get some sleep. But with it being two hours away from the start of my shift, I was a bit nervous about not waking up on time.

So now, 5 am and 36 hours since I've been awake, it was taking a bit of a toll. I got to take a nap for a bit in the conference room. Before that though, I was actually taking care of customer requests on our inbox. One of them was from a lady who needs one of her users to have permission to a mailbox. I did give him permission, and wrote back to her saying it's been completed. I didn't know how lack of sleep can really do, until I saw what I sent to her:
He's been given permission f it. Watched y ou struggle oldie.. there's :P
I can't even imagine what her reaction would be seeing something like that. Just laugh it off, or tell on me.

So will be packing up later on today after waking up from my much needed sleep. Still debating whether to get a backpack since the luggage that I'm thinking of getting is just about the size flight attendants use. I'll be pretty much gone for two weeks, making stops in Cali to and fro. Doubt I'd get to go to Castro and all hehe, but oh well. I'd live. I don't think my mom works in the financial district any longer so really no excuse to be leaving with her in the morning and wander around until she gets out in the afternoon. I'll be staying with them only for three days, and just went on a little panic mode right now wondering why I'm stopping in the bay area after all.. Hmmm

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment