Monday, January 14, 2008

Kept my pants on

Well Saturday came and went and I ended up not going to the No Pants 2k here in DC. Ah well, laziness kicked in a bit and I ended up just staying home. Ah well, if there's one next time, then I would consider. It got me to sign up for Facebook though, so you know what to do if you're in it (I already have you added Robert!!) Ended up hanging out with our neighbor. Then later on that evening, went out to Lucky Strike and tried to go bowling. They won't let N- (next to V- in the pic) in though since he was wearing Timberland boots so we ended up stopping by our house so he can borrow my shoes. Went back, but by the time we got there, there was queue to get in to the bowling alley and the wait would have to be 4 - 5 hrs according to the guy that worked there. We were all supposed to meet at 8, and the other V- (the girl next to me in the previous pic). She was waiting on her daughter to get home which never happened :( So we ended up just going to Thai Chili in Chinatown, me, C-, N- and his gf. A good time was had by all, well I would hope so hehe, but it was nice to just sit down and have a chat. If you ever find yourself in the area, Thai Chili's the place to go!

Sunday, the bf took me to see Shear Madness at the Kennedy Center. This play was a riot. Reminded me of Strangers with Candy with their play of words, LOVE IT! Good thing I didn't yell out 'Girl Power!' when they mentioned the Spice Girls. The ending was such a shocker, who would have thunk...Thanks again kiddo!

Aside from that, I enrolled to some classes and started school today. I'll be taking 9 credits so if I do well, I'll try to pursue my studies full-time eventually. It's just something that I wanna be able to have done after putting it off for a few years now. It just felt like something always comes up, but I'm not holding anyone responsible but me. These were my actions and nobody else's but anyway like they say, it's never too late unless you're dead. I got close to actually not showing up to work EVER depending on how Friday would go, and it went well so here I am. The job's been really great so far, casual Fridays, free meals once a week, a really laid back team, I'm loving it. It's such an irony that this whole time, I hated folks who carries a blackberry around , and now yours truly has become one of them.

Anyway, a little quote for today:
It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy

No comments:

Post a Comment