Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend update

Well, I'm here in the DC office this week since my coworker's on vacation. One day down, and I actually like it so far. It just feels more laid back since I'm the only IT person here the issues that has come up haven't been that difficult.

So the weekend... Friday night, we ended up having my mom and her friend over for dinner. They brought some Peruvian meal which was good. We just sat on the floor since we're not using the dining table and watched Takeshi's Castle which I've enjoyed watching since I was a kid. One of the things that made me want to live in Japan. I mean where else can you see this type a game show these days. Never fails to crack me up...



Saturday, we made our rounds to some stores trying to pick out some things for the apartment. The bedroom's been painted, bathroom's done with matching shower curtains, rugs, etc. The only thing left is the living room. Spend most of the day doing that really, then in the evening met up with this one couple we've e-mailed with in the past few weeks for dinner at Thai Chili. It was nice, spent it mostly talking and laughing, getting to know each other. Us four balanced each other out it looks like, you've got 2 introverts and 2 extroverts. We touched up on different topics, relationships, psychology, coming out, etc so it was interesting. We've talked about getting together again so hopefully that happens soon since at times, when I meet people online, we make plans that never materialiaze so that sucks but ah well. After that, we just went home and started watching Be Kind Rewind. It was alright, didn't like it much so I went to bed 20 minutes in.

Sunday, did the same really. Went to some stores yet again to get things for the apartment which is turning out good, I'd have to say. We finished painting one wall of the living room and put up the 'entertainment area' as well. What you see in the picture is actually the blue we painted it with, then will finish the other ones with brown as shown. Just debating with the couch now. We initially were gonna get Kramfors but considering Karlstad. They don't have it in khaki or tan so will probably go with the blue one, same as the wall color. Either that, or maybe the light blue-gray Kramforms. Thinking about getting a wireless surround sound since C- thinks the wires would be bothersome. Anyone who has wireless ones? How's that experience?

Guess that's it for now, heading home shortly. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment