Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For every action....

Yesterday, I did go to the gym after work, like I told myself I should be doing more of. I get off work at 2:30 and try to be home at 3. Get changed and try to head out, though a tube with an x gets in the way time to time. I tried to be out of the gym an hour and sorta had my evening laid out. Swing by the grocery store, cook, iron my work clothes, then study.

 

As I was driving out of the parking lot, a car was trying to get out of their spot so I stopped and let them through. The driver of the van ended up waving me down, and told me how he works at a car body shop and can do work on mine. You see, when I first moved here three summers ago, I initially was catching the metro to go to work. The first day I drove and trying to park in the garage, I miscalculated and drove into a white column. So pretty much, I’ve been driving a black car with white paint in the front bumper for 2 ½ yrs. I keep saying I’ll get around to getting it done but never did.

 

The guy told me he can do it for $270. That’s roughly how much I’ve been told when some other guy stopped me as well offering to do it on the spot. It, being to repair my car :D I called my coworker who knew about cars to check and he said that’s actually a pretty good price since body shops would charge $600 or so.

 

I just went ahead and got it done, waiting around in the parking lot with him, while his wife and son sat on their van. I’d have to say he did a pretty good job. It made me smile seeing my car the way it was when I first bought it since I’m planning to keep it for a while anyways. Now I just need to spend some time waxing my car since he told me it’s good to wax it every so often.  I’ve had the car for 4 yrs come December and he said it looks good for it being that old. I take care of it as much as I can though getting that one spot fixed was never put on my to-do list.

 

So yeah, it kinda threw my night off and I didn’t get to cook. Still, something good can come out of it. Funny how one action changes things completely. I somehow can’t keep that in my  head since usually, I don’t think of the consequences of things I do until someone brings it up.

 

I sooo wanna go home and nap and just skip class today… 7 ½ hrs before my day’s completely mine (T_T)

No comments:

Post a Comment