Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Not so screwed up weekend

So figured I’d be a good son and take my mom out to a theater. Instead of picking a drama that I wanted to see, ended up getting a ticket for Shear Madness. C- took me once and it was really funny that I thought I can take my mom so did just that.

 

Before going home that day though, I stopped by the library since I’ve been trying to borrow Screwed Up Life of Charlie the Second. Some blogger mentioned it and it seems that it was something I was gonna like so checked it out. I’ve been waiting weeks to get it since the one time, I was getting ready to pick it up, the roads to the library were all blocked since there was a festival going on. I just had to laugh and think it wasn’t meant to be, with cursing in between. They had some sale too so I got 5 books for $1, though one or two, I’ve read previously.

 

After getting home, I ended up calling my cousin since he called but I didn’t get to pick up. He just wanted to check on me after we went out the previous night as you heard from the video. It took some consideration before I asked him whether he’d want to go with us to see Shear Madness. I didn’t think it was his cup of tea but he liked the show, so all’s well. We had dinner beforehand at Cali Pizza Kitchen. I tried to enjoy the night but my mom would make comments that makes me wanna smack her. I cannot be the only one, right!? Haha

 

Saturday, was gonna go see a movie since they had a GLBT film festival. But my coworker and I were running a bit behind so we decided to just stay at Ruby Tuesday (classy!) and had dinner and a few drinks, and just talked. We saw Couples Retreat instead which had some good laughs. We went our separate ways since she’s catching the metro while I had to walk 8 blocks back to my car since the roads were closed off when I was on my way to the city.

 

So that, got home and didn’t feel sleepy so ended up being awake til 5, organizing my closet and watching Modern Family. I ended up liking the show and would have to watch it more. Good thing ABC had it up on their site. I was cracking up. They had a joke about the baby being named ‘Lala’ that took me a moment to realize, and I watched it like 5 more times. 

 

Sunday, I was gonna make my staying in day, do more cleaning, iron my clothes for the week, do laundry. I didn’t get around to the ironing part and ended up going to DC for dinner and had a few drinks. The bar was packed since it was the first day in the past seven days that it stopped raining.

 

Back to school Monday. I think I’m not gonna take classes in Spring. It’s funny, when I wasn’t taking any classes, I wanted to since it’ll give me something to do. And now, getting a bit annoyed since it keeps me busy. I actually prefer the ‘nothingness’ but then, if I find a balance and manage my time better, I’d be set. It’s been a long time since I volunteered so looking into that too.

 

So yea, the book was really good, it had me smiling, and reminded me of being in school, having crushes with guys but knowing nothing will come out of it. Meeting someone new, falling in love, doing it for the first time :D And coming to terms with who you are and being okay with it, acnes and all.

 

Aside from that, trying to get back in shape so started going to the gym last week. I actually went on a Saturday which is new to me. It felt like a sin going there when I could be home relaxing. I will go by myself for a bit, and if don’t see a lot of improvement, will get a trainer. I looked around but looks like the cheapest out there is $70/session for 24 sessions in 3 months. Is that the average? Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment