Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fuck you lady, that's what stairs are for!

No no, I really didn't say that to anyone. Once you watch the video, maybe it'll make you laugh too! It's been almost a week since we went to NYC. My cousin who lives in Colorado flew to Jersey since her gf was there for a training. I haven't seen her since summer of 2006 after having gone to the Philippines for A funeral, that became two. It was nice to see her again. We got there a little bit after midnight last Friday since I was working the late shift and wouldn't get out 'til 8. I left an hour early though but the weather was bad, and having to stop by Petsmart to drop the dog off and all, we didn't hit the road 'til 9:30. C- drove because it's still a bit uncomfortable for me with the surgery and all.

We had to get signed in to the base and all, and just went straight to the hotel. It was fun just chilling with them, watching Lisa Lampanelli's show that I have on my iPod.

Saturday, had an early start since we were going to NYC. It took about an hour and a half each way since we had to drive to the train station, then catch the train from there that'll take us to Penn Station. Got to Penn, then transferred so we can go to Broadway to catch a show. We got there and walked down an avenue before finally asking someone and sure enough, we went the opposite way. It was raining really bad too, so our pants and shoes are pretty much soaked.


We saw Avenue Q which makes it the second time for C- and I. I really can't explain what the show is about since I tried and I sorta looked stupid. It's Sesame Street for adults, that's all I'm gonna say. The song on this video is from this play, and it definitely is true.. Schadenfreude!!! If they come to a city near you, make sure you check 'em out.

GARY COLEMAN: Right now you are down and out and feeling really crappy
NICKY: I'll say.
GARY COLEMAN: And when I see how sad you are It sort of makes me...Happy!
NICKY: Happy?!
GARY COLEMAN: Sorry, Nicky, human nature-Nothing I can do! It's...Schadenfreude! Making me feel glad that I'm not you.
NICKY: Well that's not very nice, Gary!
GARY COLEMAN: I didn't say it was nice! But everybody does it! D'ja ever clap when a waitress falls and drops a tray of glasses?
NICKY: Yeah...
GARY COLEMAN: And ain't it fun to watch figure skaters falling on their asses?
NICKY: Sure!
GARY COLEMAN: And don'tcha feel all warm and cozy, Watching people out in the rain!
NICKY: You bet!
GARY COLEMAN: That's...
GARY AND NICKY: Schadenfreude!
GARY COLEMAN: People taking pleasure in your pain!
NICKY: Oh, Schadenfreude, huh? What's that, some kinda Nazi word?
GARY COLEMAN: Yup! It's German for "happiness at the misfortune of others!"
NICKY: "Happiness at the misfortune of others." That is German! Watching a vegetarian being told she just ate chicken
GARY COLEMAN: Or watching a frat boy realize just what he put his dick in!
NICKY: Being on the elevator when somebody shouts "Hold the door!"
GARY AND NICKY: "No!!!" Schadenfreude!
GARY COLEMAN: "Fuck you lady, that's what stairs are for!"
NICKY: Ooh, how about... Straight-A students getting Bs?
GARY COLEMAN: Exes getting STDs!
NICKY: Waking doormen from their naps!
GARY COLEMAN: Watching tourists reading maps!
NICKY: Football players getting tackled!
GARY COLEMAN: CEOs getting shackled!
NICKY: Watching actors never reach
GARY AND NICKY: The ending of their oscar speech! Schadenfreude! Schadenfreude! Schadenfreude! Schadenfreude!
GARY COLEMAN: The world needs people like you and me who've been knocked around by fate.
'Cause when people see us, they don't want to be us, and that makes them feel great.
NICKY: Sure! We provide a vital service to society!
GARY AND NICKY: You and me! Schadenfreude! Making the world a better place...Making the world a better place...Making the world a better place... To be!
GARY COLEMAN: S-C-H-A-D-E-N-F-R-E-U-D-E!


After the play, we made our way out to Central Park. It was still lovely eventhough the skies are gray. Took a bunch of pics but cousin has the majority of 'em, I have some Then, we went to Ground Zero and tried to see where the WTC's used to be but alas, they started building on it so (T_T) Then, just went to Japan Town but they opted for Thai so I didn't get to go where Jon took me last time.. Boooo!!! I was seething for a bit but oh well, guess Kris can't have it all. The Thai place was okay, but I was there thinking "Great, I only come up here so often and I didn't get to eat what I wanted."

We walked around for a bit but it was too cold so we just went home. Didn't get to see the stores, no Muji, Uniqlo, NOTHING! The horrible weather messed it up a bit but oh well, I'm still glad we came though, as long as I got to spend time with my cousin, I'm okay.

Sunday, we went to Philly but same, cold and windy so opted to just go to the mall. Guess I'll come back again when it's warmer. Philly's lovely though, not the cheese steak but the city too :D I like South Street's vibe a lot, reminds me of Harajuku. We just went our separate ways after the mall, and I'm glad I didn't feel sad. I guess I just tried to enjoy the weekend for what it was and not think too much as to when I'll see my cousin again. It sucks sometimes, we're pretty much brothers and sisters except it's not official. Eventhough we didn't see each other until we were grown up, I loved her nonetheless. I was told she nicknamed me Poo-Poo when I was a baby. I lived with her and her parents when I moved to Florida, and that's when we became really close.

On the drive back, C- and I stopped at the Waffle House since there isn't any nearby the DC area. The closest one is a 45 min drive, and I'm not sure if I love it enough to drive that long... It was a good drive, just spent it talking about things. Times like this makes the way I feel about C- stronger, that sometimes it scares me. I wonder with not having bf before, it's not so much that I didn't not want to have one, but I'm realizing that it's being vulnerable to something outside myself that bothered me. For them to see through me and learn all my hopes and fears, the things I've gone through, and everything else that makes me me.

That's about it really. Aside from that, work's been good. Had some issues with my car, a nail got one of my tires and had to get it replaced. Took the place 5 days before they got it though, and that whole time I've had to drive using the spare one when I was told I should only drive a day. Nothing else to report though the time change makes me happy. It's nice that the sun lasts longer during the day, I need to get back to a routine like I used to. Get back to going to the gym, volunteer more like I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment