Thursday, November 6, 2008

GD IT!!!

I just love the acronym of my new company :D Whenever I see it, I
crack up since I think of the "other" meaning instead of what it
actually stands for.

I started the new job this past Monday and it's been goood. I spent
the first two days going to briefings and filling out paperwork so
that was fun. I went to my job location yesterday and the boss and the
coworkers seemed cool. Was a bit nervous but I'm talking to more peopl
little by little so that's a start. There's like 25 other people so I
doubt I'd make my round one by one and introduce myself. This one guy
has been going over what I'm gonna need to know to do my job and it's
quite a bit but I'm remembering most so even the boss was impressed.
There's a bunch of cute guys too hehe but I don't think any of 'em is
gay but oh well, it would have been nice to have a gay coworker for a
change. Hmmm, maybe I'm in the wrong field..

It was nice having a week off also. Just did things here and there.
Then Friday we caught the bus to NYC for the day. It was great being
back and getting to see a friend again. Thanks for meeting us Jon!! C-
and I did some touristy things and went to the Empire State Building
and at MOMA. Wow, it was nice seeing NY with that view. Did I say
'nice' again? I tend to say that a lot.

I'm just typing this on the phone since I don't feel like driving yet.
I know what the traffic will be like so not looking forward to that.
As for + thinking, thanks that I have a car and am able to drive. I
forget how lucky I am sometimes. Is that really luck though? Or simply
being thankful for what I think the good things are. That I have a
job, car, some of my loved ones with me. The dog maybe haha, a place
to sleep in, a home that I've built with somebody. We had a talk the
other day and it just got me thinking about what C- and I had gone
through in the past 16 months. Sometimes I'm tempted to just chuck
everything and starting all over, but I'll admit I'm actually in a
good place in my life. I don't know why I can't just simply admit I'm
happy. It freaks me out that I didn't have to do anything to "get" it
like he just came to my life just like that!? No way!!

I'm rambling and it's getting dark out so I should start heading home.
I'm actually in front of the hospital and went to a session with a
therapist, to help me figure out why I do some of the things I do. I
can be quite a meany sometimes when I get in a funk and feel that I
can't depend on anybody else in this world, that I'm all I've got.
That isn't true though but I get wrapped up so much in that thinking
that it starts affecting how I view things overall. I was gonna keep
quiet but you know, there's really nothing to be embarrassed
about. You can ask for help without feeling helpless though it took a
lot to actually pick up the phone and say that I can use some help.

Didn't mean to get all serious here but I'm okay though. I try to be
upbeat and funny on my posts but it doesn't come natural I guess. I
can be silly in real life but it just wouldn't come out when I'm
writing GD IT. Oh well, I can always make videos and lipsync for
you... Or you :D

No comments:

Post a Comment