Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought I'd take time to wish you guys and gal a Happy Thanksgiving! We had an early Thanksgiving dinner last night and it was a success :D
We had some friends over, and some friend's friends. I was nervous as hell a few hours prior I thought about making a detour and not go home 'til late haha. What was that all about!? This is our first time having some folks over for dinner and stuff but it went well. I can say that everyone had a good time. Will post some pictures later.. I wore a shirt that C- gave me and was getting compliments for it so yay!
 
I'm glad I am where I am right now, and thankful for everything that's happened both good and bad. Tomorrow's my 9th year anniversary coming to the US and I get a little, I wouldn't say melancholy but I reminisce a lot around this time of year. I know I'll keep moving forward but I look back to that day when my life changed completely. I think I've had a good life so far, went through some experiences that taught me things about myself and the world as a whole. You know, looking back it's like I get too focused on the pain that I was going through and don't think about the "future" when I think about things, and say "Oh, I learned this from that." You know, falling for a guy that I never saw after one meeting, and it made me take a look at myself on the mirror and find ways that I can improve. After that, I started dressing better and try to think that if things don't work out with people, it's not always because there was something wrong with you. We can't expect to be loved by everybody, and can't expect the same from others. We can do good at the best of our ability and keep it at that. I think the universe has a way of paying you back, not that you should expect them because of what you did. You can call it karma or whatever, but I guess it's really true that what you put out to the world, you get back. Might not be tomorrow, or the day after but it will.
 
So thank you life. Thanks to my parents for giving it to me. To my family and friends for all the love, it was enough to keep me going. To the bloggers I've become friends with, thanks for making time to make the friendship work eventhough we're not close to each other. And of course, to me for not having given up.
 
Gobble, gobble!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment