Friday, February 9, 2007

Is everything really gonna be alright?

Ok, despite of having served in the military these past four years. The war in Iraq didn't really hit close to home until this past week when my friend -C told me that our friend -M's brother got killed in Iraq this past weekend. It made me sad that something like this had to happen. I spoke to -M a day or two after -C mentioned what happened. -M and his family are flying down here this weekend (I think) to attend the burial this upcoming Monday. I'm still waiting for a call from -M but I've cancelled all my plans for the weekend and will take the Monday off as well to attend the funeral. It was really hard not to tell -M I'm so sorry about what happened, but -C said that -M got tired of hearing everyone telling him that. I'm saddened that this had to affect someone dear to me, but it's part of life. I really can't tell him that everything's going to be alright, coz as much as you want it to be, it wouldn't be after that. True you can move on, you can say you'll always have the memories but it'll be a loss that can never be filled.
 
It'll be nice to see -M again after two years now though I wish it wasn't because of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment