Friday, February 2, 2007

Be happy

Ok, I had to look the word chipper up since I got called one just few minutes ago. I doubt that my coworker meant I was a narc user so scrolled down and saw that it meant a cheerful person. I guess I can be on some days where it feels like I have all these energy and have to let it out somehow. I guess it's better that way though but sometimes when I feel down, I barely utter a word to anybody. I'd answer the phones, since that's what I do, but you won't hear a peep aside from that. I think it worries people but it's hard for me to change it sometimes. Even my mom knows it though, and when I get quiet she knows to just let me be and not try to pry me for anything that's going on. I'm not one who talks to others what I'm feeling, or thinking. It's not that too many things bothered me. I didn't have problems at school or anything, mainly it was the family stuff that made me question things. It didn't let it get to me, I just shrugged it off and held on to the hope that things would be different one day. And it did. Hope's one of the most important things in life, but of course, you gotta take action also. Not just sit around and hope that things will happen. That's like sitting by a well and not taking a drink eventhough your thirsty. You just sit there wishing someone will get you a drink but that is not how it works.
So yea, getting back to chip. It's funny how this one lady makes a comment about me whenever I pass her by. I guess I smile a little too much, but no matter where I see her, she'll tell the person she's with that boy sure has a smile on his face everytime. It makes me chuckle. Though of course since she said that, I've made it a point of not smiling once. I was stressed out that day and really can't manage to put a smile on my face, like everything's okay. Granted, whoever's reading this, try (I wouldn't say should) to smile more often, and see how it'll make you feel good. It probably won't happen overnight but give it some time but I think it'll help in the long run. You never know how it might make a difference in someone else's day. Though sometimes, you kinda sit and wonder if you do make a difference? You do! Though I know there isn't an evidence, I'm sure someone somewhere is thankful for that smile, or that act of kindness you did for somebody. It doesn't really require too much effort, but if more people are nicer and treat each other with kindness, can you imagine how the world will be?
This week's just been a mix. I just felt too tired on some days I just wanted to crawl into a hole and stay there. But then, it could just be lack of sleep doing that. I've been exercising more and eating healthier (and cheaper) and it looks like it's making a difference. There's some changes in my body, oh lord I'm like a13-yr old girl hitting puberty, but yea, I'm liking it so far. I'm doing this for, or at least I think so. My dad keeps making comments how I'm supposed to be all muscly since I'm in my prime and all. But yea, never really been active until now. How I got the skills to play sports but just don't etc etc. And also since I look bigger in pics than I do in person. I never really thought about it that much but a few people have said something to that nature.
Aside from that, still working on making new friends in the city. I think I've met more people here in my first two months than I did in my one-year stay in Hampton. It really wasn't dates, more of a meet and greet and see how I got along with them. A good time is always had, I'd have to say. I'm not really high maintenance so always up for whatever. I even met a Japanese guy who's lived here in the States for loong time, it brought me back to Japan when we were having dinner. We are so much alike we just had to laugh abotut it. Neat freak, sweaty hands (though he had the glands cut off so it'll stop), kind of a loner, those were the main ones I noticed. Though we have a running joke that he calls me Mistress now. Not his, but the very first 'date' I had few years back. Lord, I never really thought of it that way. Amazing how you meet someone and they make you see things in a different way. But then, that's what the others for.
Anyway, hope everyone a good week. And wishing you happiness however that might be.
Happiness is a camel coat you look good in on a windy day...sipping hot cocoa when it snows... singing and dancing along to Spice Girls (yea laugh but they still make me smile)...discovering Rilkean Heart and listening to it daily...having a place to go home to after a long day.. a soft comforter to keep you warm... reading up on your favorite bloggers' update... a friend getting back to blogging.... meeting them and them showing you around to their cities, welcoming you with open arms...three minutes before I go home for the day *grins

No comments:

Post a Comment