Friday, January 26, 2007

Over my head

It finally snowed here in the DC area the first time on a Sunday. I need to watch the news more. I slept it once again, and watched a movie, Lovely and Amazing if I remember correctly. It was an okay movie, I was watching it and thinking why am I still watching this, but still finished the whole movie. It was made by the same director that made Friends With Money which I liked. The movie was about a mother and her two daughters just going through stuff. I'd say they're in the valleys of their life, working through their insecurities, and trying to find ways to feel better about themselves, even with the help of others at some point. Of course, I didn't think of that the night I watched it. What it made me think of....is McDonald's. There's this adopted black girl that had weight issues, and she got hungry one evening so she left the house without telling her sister and walked the streets to get to McDonald's. It made me crave for a Big Mac but really can't do anything since it was like 1230 am when this happened. There won't be any open I know. This happened too when I was in Japan. I'd get the munchies for a Big Mac like really late and one time, I actually drove around to find one open and I got lucky, I got there

Of course, when I woke up, I had to satisfy my craving and off to McDo I go. Sunday became my eat anything I want day. With going to the gym, I shouldn't be really going to fast foods and such, but I had a craving, and sometimes you just have to give in to it, whatever the craving's for. This was also the time I found it it was snowing, as I was leaving. And with nothing planned really, I figured I'll head out to Ikea and pick up a shelf. Well, I was debating between two shelves, but ended up going with an actual bookshelf rather than a bookcase. I'm trying to use up whatever space I have in my room so went with a Billy bookshelf. I can't ge the picture, but it stands about 80 inches in black brown color. I'm getting close to getting my room set up, just need to get somethign to put up on the wall to give it a homelier feel. It is my crib, and probably will be for the rest of the year. I kinda enjoy living with roommates right now, though I'd need to speak with one about his cleaning habits. Ok, it amazes me that I put a paper towel in the microwave, and when the roomy heats his food up, not use the paper towel to cover it up. Guess one of those things where I'll have to tell them. I just find it odd how I'll have to tell someone something obvious already. Guess I forget we all don't think alike. I ended up spending a few hours during which it snowed way more, and on the way back, I skidded in the interstate. Good thing I didn't hit anybody though I messed up my bumper a bit.

At the beginning of the week, one of the coworkers was sick so I was manning the phones by myself for like three hours at the beginning of the shift. Ugh, all these calls coming in. It was stressing me out.Lord, make it stop! I like the schedule though, but I think eventually I'll find one where I do more behind the scenes work rather than dealing with all the calls.
Hitting the gym's actually been making me sleepy earlier than usual. I feel sleepy around 9, but do I go to bed? Of course not. I still stay up 'til 11 or 12, then get up around 5 to get ready for work. I might need to change that soon though since this week, I'd hit the snooze and wake up at 6 am, 6 minutes before I was supposed to catch the bus. I usually catch the 6:06 bus, and get to work around 6:45 am. There's a metro stop two miles away, and I've been driving to it this week, then catch the metro from there. I could leave the house around 6:25 and catch the 6:30-something train so hmm, will give that some thought over the weekend. Maybe I just need to sleep earlier, or take some vitamins.


It's two days since I last spoke to my cousin. This is the longest we haven't talked on the phone I think. Just annoyed a little with her with some stuff between her and her gf. Really won't tell her what to do since she's a grown woman, so will just keep my mouth shut and stand from a distance.

Last night, I invited my friend J- to have dinner. This is just the second time we've hang out, pretty much a month after we first met. He lives like three miles but yea, need to work on that. Hopefully we'll become friends. It felt weird though, it felt like a date when it really isn't. He was dressed up in slacks and everything, and I showed up wearing jeans and sneakers. He's a nice guy, considering we were driving around for half an hour trying to find the restaurant. It was pretty new, it won't even show up on mapquest yet. It was Pei Wei that we went to, and I think they have those chains in other states as well. Sister company of PF Chang's which I've never gone to before either. It was nice, just sitting there talking. We laugh most of the time so that's a good thing. He's never seen Strangers with Candy so I had him watch it on the way back. We probably could have talked more but silly me had him watch Jerri. Looks like he liked it so that's a good thing. He told me he wanted to go see a movie, but I forgot what it was. I was gonna offer to come along but held back since it felt like I was asking him out. What to do what to do.

With C- though, it's been almost a week and really haven't talked to him. Will just see I guess. Headin to lunch now, but maybe I'll write more later, just clearing my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment