Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Making it happen

Ok, it's been a week now and I haven't posted. I'm trying to post more often with the new year and everything, and working on it but I'm getting there.

It's good overall, just trying to be thankful for everything that's come my way. With the job, I'm liking the schedule which is 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (there ya go Matt :) Last week was the introductory stage so was kinda getting a feel of what it's like. It is good seeing the sun again when I leave for the day, though I'd end up doing overtime, well just about 5-10 minutes extra at times. I'd pick up the phone few minutes before I'm supposed to leave, and it always isn't the fix and hang up type of problems. Anyway, with any other job, there are both sides and the bad stuff got a little to me last week. Some guy kinda got me in trouble by telling the IT chief that he's problem hasn't been taken care of and it's been close to a month. Thing is I've called him a few times trying to find a good time I can come by to take a look at the printer, and he never even called me back so I ended up closing the ticket. It was just a paper jam, but it would have been fixed if he had called me at least. Just a courteous thing, ya know but I guess some people think they're above all that. The guy was a Chief in the other division, and is considered a "VIP." VIP my butt. Ugh, anyways, it upset me a little I started looking at other companies already haha. Well that, and I was thinking how it's time for the nice guys to be in charge. Someone like me *grins But yea, with this happening, it made me want to go back to school to better myself. I know it'll sound an excuse but I'm still waiting for a document before I can start applying for benefits, G.I. Bill for school mostly, but without that paper, I really can't prove that I'm a veteran. I was supposed to get it a month ago after the day I separated but the Separations neglected to do so. Going back to school will have to wait a bit. Perhaps summer or the fall. That should be enough time to completely get situated here, acclimated where everything is, and getting used to this new way of life. I think I might give up my Florida residency soon. I'm keeping it for scholarship purposes, but I'm not really sure if I'd want to live there again. Moving's a pain.

Weekend was good. I met up with Kr- last Saturday. He's someone I've kinda known, spoken to him for a few months, but never actually met him when I lived in Hampton, and he in Williamsburg. It's only 30 mins away but our schedules never coincided. It was good, we were gonna go see Dreamgirls but ended up not going since it was a longer walk from where we were than HE thought. We just walked back to Dupont Circle and went to a pub, Biddy Milligans I believe. We hang around there for a bit, and there I was smiling at a girl again lol. Had some shots of Yager and I was a bit tipsy after just one shot, the buzz felt good though so me like it. Ended up just getting a burger since we didn't know where else to go, and the food wasn't pricey so that was nice. We sat at the bar, and sometime during the evening, I was looking at a guy all the way across the other end of the bar. I thought he looked familiar, but I can't think of where I knew him at first. I was staring at him here and there, and thought that he might have been someone I knew in my military days, but that can't be, not here in all places. On our way out, the guy I was looking at was there smoking and I asked him, Didn't I know you somewhere? Yea, that's something I should really be asking strangers. But sure enough, it was him. I actually had a crush on him once upon a time, but that was cause he used to hug me all the time, and say how they had the cutest bay chief, not sure what the term is in the dormitories but it's the person in charge of the hall. I did roll calls and such, making sure all the people in my bay are accounted for, and that I know where they are if they're not there. But yea, he had a girlfriend and everything so he can't be gay, or so I thought. Not that I'm wishing now that he is. Anyway, we just spoke for a little while but told each other that we'd keep in contact. Kinda sucks how he was homeless, after getting out of the Air Force. I could have offered but it's one of those things. I really didn't know him that well, and with me just being new here in the apartment, it might not bode well with the roommates. Will call DW- though, and see how he's doing at least. He was smoking with this one woman, and I ended up getting her number too. She said she goes to that pub usually on Saturdays, and I should give her a ring if I'm around.

After the pub, we went out to this bar JR's, then to Chaos where they had drag queens performing. It was fun, I also saw someone that I met the week prior but didn't come up to him and say hi. We had a meet and greet a few days ago, since I've talked to him since March 06 but never got a chance to meet him. There were talks of hanging out more, now that I actually live here but we'll have to wait and see. I guess dating can't really be avoided, but oh well, along with it comes games and stuff. I like you, but I'll play it off like I don't. Yea, say let's hang out but never call back. I'm guilty of it myself. I now know how it feels when guys I met wanted to see me again, but I never did. I didn't realize how sucky that must have felt. All I thought was meh, they'll get over it. They'll meet someone better than me. Either that, or I used to think why would they wanna see me again? I'm sure I bored them to death already, and they want more? Oh well, this all got me thinking after meeting Ch-. I've wanted to hang out again but he seemed "busy" so I just let it be. It's been two weeks already! Ah well, he texted earlier this evening if I wanted to hang out Friday. I said yes, though might just speak with him about this tomorrow.

I went to the gym the first time today, after years I think. I had an appointment with a trainer who showed me what machines to use and such. I got lightheaded since I didn't have anything to eat since noon, and I went to the gym at 5. I had to sit in the car for 10 mins before I went home since I can barely move after the session. I'm gonna have to give it some thought whether to get a trainer for a few months, then doing it on my own. Just to get me a headstart, and actually keep at it. Thoughts? My body's fine, but there's room for improvement. Oh, and so my dad will stop ribbing me about the flat stomach that I don't have. He told me to just get defined at least. I see where he's coming from though, he has a back injury and just wants me to take better care of myself. But yea, I saw his pic when he was my age, and I'd have to say, I wanna have that kind of definition. It'll take work, but gotta do it if I want that. I fell asleep right after getting home, I was too weak to even make a sandwich at least. Laid down, and was out before I know it. I slept for about 3 1/2 hours, then woke up and had some peanut butter sandwich, no jam, and dipped it in hot cocoa. Yea yea, my friends say it's gross doing that. It's a Filipino thing. There's a joke how we do that since we wanna make sure the bread is clean. Yea, really funny. I was really picky when I was younger, and people thought I was spoiled because of that. My mom usually prepares something different just for me. I just liked simple things. Ok, I'm letting it known that I used to eat fruits and rice together. Banana, or a ripe mango with rice. I doubt I could do that now but it tasted good. My mom would slice up the mango, then she makes this one pattern on one cheek of the mango (is that the word, cheek?) She'd cut it lengthwise and crosswise, then push it outwards to make it look like a flower. Ah, the good ole days. She's a good mom, though I think I forget that sometimes. She's my complete opposite. People would make comments as to how she managed to raise me. Even my uncle by marriage laughs when he asks her that. She raised a fine young man. Hahaha, I wanna smack people, even her, when she tells me I'm a good son yada yada. Is that an insecurity not wanting to hear about it?

Hope everyone's had a good week so far. I can't wait 'til the weekend though *grins I've become a TGIFer, and I'm liking it. I know my post is kinda all over, but I just let it flow when I sit and write. Isn't that how it should be? It's really hard to pick a topic and write about it. Maybe one day I'll give it a try, oh wait either I do or I don't huh, there is no try. So probably not.. If it ain't broke, why fix it eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment