Friday, January 19, 2007

Retro night

Am sure glad it's Friday.. Six more hours to go and I'll call it a day :D  It's actually been quiet here at work this morning which is quite surprising. Considering my coworker called in sick so I'm running the ship here. Most of the calls I've gotten, I actually know what the user needed or wanted. Yesterday was another story. They sent out a company-wide training and didn't tell us in advance what problems the users would run into. I had NO idea what they were calling about at first, and wasn't even sure how to troubleshoot. It's a bit frustrating when they do that. They would push out new softwares, some computer courses, etc etc and not let us know what it's all about, yet put the Helpdesk down as the main POC for any problem people run into. I was a bit pissed but oh well, just had to take it in stride and not let it get to me which I succeeded in doing later on the day. Am not too sure where it came from but I was happier towards the end of the day.
 
Around 10 or so, I stepped out of the office and went over to different offices and fixed whatever problem they were having. It actually is nice, getting to talk to all sorts of people. Ones who think they're so important the world will stop without them, and the really down to earth ones that just laughs at the situation since they're aware that things do just happen sometimes. Some lady actually gave me a Snickers bar when she saw me on her floor. I helped her out two weeks ago maybe and she said that she meant to ask me what candy bar I liked. I had to go to another woman's office though to fix something, but when i came by the reception desk, a Snickers bar was waiting for me. That was sweet.. Well the lady too.
 
We actually cover the whole US so we get lots of calls throughout the day. It's mostly account lock outs, and you start to recognize a pattern when the same people call about getting them unlocked. Heehee, some callers are a darling. Mostly from the South, and the Midwest. Though I fall in love whenever someone from Puerto Rico calls. I'm a sucker for accents from time to time. I think that's why I can have D- talk to me all day, and me not say a word.
 
I had about two hours of sleep again yesterday and I'm not really sure why that happens. I was tired but just can't fall asleep.I think I have shorter patience when that happens, since callers get on my nerves pretty quickly. I got to google talk with C- yesterday and we're set for today. We're just gonna hang out at my crib, and that's probably gonna give away to my roommates that I'm gay with him spending the night at my place. It's never really come up and I didn't want to just bring it up out of the blue. So yea, C- has some volunteering to do and won't get out 'til 9:30 pm. I'm not sure whether to just make some spaghetti (with the ikea meatballs which are a killer!) or just pick up a dinner, as to where I do not know.
 
I forced myself to run eventhough I was sore from going to the gym. It's even worse today, so not sure yet if I'm going today either. I hang out with a new friend yesterday, though we just met up in Adams Morgan which is an eclectic part of DC. It was nice, though I didn't get to walk outside much since it was freezing. We went to this one bar, Heaven and Hell, and they had the 80's theme on Thursdays. It was nice, though we left by 11 since I had to catch the metro back, since I work today. Him and I got along well, Strangers with Candy fan, listen to the same music, laughs at the same things so there's common thread. He's straight, but I told him upfront I'm gay but he said he could care less. I wanted him to know upfront before we became friends.
 
It was a good night, I got home, took off my clothes and was out for the night. And I told C- I was gonna call him too. Oh well, I'll see him today. I'm soo looking forward to it, talking to him and just getting to know him more. It's been two weeks since I've seen him. Looks like he's a good guy, he's even lived in China for a few months when he was in school.
 
Well, lunch is almost over and I think I've written down what's in my head. Nothing mindblowing though it's still longer than I intended it to be. Eh, I think I drag sometimes but oh well, I forget I'm doing this for me. Two more hours to go baby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment