Friday, January 26, 2007

I can stand me

Halfway through the week already, yay! The week sure just flew by. Pretty much stayed in all weekend which is a first since I've moved here. The past few weeks, I managed to find things to do, catch a movie with someone, go out to the clubs, and that's about it. I really haven't seen the touristy parts of DC since I don't like walking in the cold, I avoid it at all cost.
 
Friday, C- did come over as we planned though he ended up having to go home for the night. I had him over and all I made was spaghetti. I really didn't know where to go for dinner, and he wasn't gonna come by 'til like 10 pm so pretty much all the restaurants are close. And with me trying to save, figured I'll just make dinner instead of buying. As I was finishing up, I just thought Why am I making spaghetti out of all the food in the world. And remembered, I can barely cook. He arrived around 10 as agreed, and I got his plate set up and a drink. We just went back to my room and ate since me and the roommates really don't use our dining area yet. Just sat in the futon and pretty much just talked while eating, asking questions, getting to know each other more. It felt a bit weird since I usually don't have guys come over, I dunno since I was in Japan, I never had one come by, not even once. After a while, I eased up and stopped worrying about it. He liked the way I had my room set up, so that was goood. He looked through my closet a little (since I keep it open) and mentioned how he'd wear the ties that I have. He was saying how his roommate buys ties, and doesn't really go together with anything he wears. That was nice, so guess that means I have a good taste in clothing. I pretty much worked on it after the first guy I dated ditched me (well we just went out once but with that being my first time ever, it was a big deal). I was 20 at that time. But yea, all I said was thanks or probably just smiled at him, taking the compliment for what it's worth. I still have some issues when I get compliments. As much as it's nice to hear, I get all weird in the inside when I hear them. It's a boost to one's esteem, but still *smiles
 
Pretty much, we were just talking throughout our meal. We were gonna put on Little Miss Sunshine, but he was probably too hungry to care about it at first. He came back for seconds so the spaghetti can't be bad then, ok it was good. A bit better than good, gooder since I put some Ikea meatballs on it as well. After eating, I put on Strangers with Candy but he really wasn't watching it hehe I'm thinking pay attention to Jerri dude! How could you not watch this!? Oh well, can't make everyone like her I guess. He left around 12:30 since he had to work that Saturday morning. He called me at 5 pm to tell me about it, and at first it bothered me a little. But that all went away when he left for the night, at least I got to see him even for a bit.
 
I didn't go to bed 'til probably 3 am and slept in 'til about 11 am. That was nice, and got dressed to go to the gym. I started going just this past week. I was dressed and maybe waited 2-3 hours before I left haha. I was sitting there debating whether to go or not. Chatted with the roommate, surfed the net, listened to music before finally telling myself You have to go, it's all about discipline. It felt good once I was done though, and was proud of myself *pat in the back. I left maybe an hour after, and stopped by Marshall's and looked around. I saw some stuff I liked, though didn't buy anything until last night where I got everything I wanted but the knit cap with the ear covers. Booo! And that's what I wanted, well needed since it's cold here *hummm Maybe I'll just buy the ear muffs since the skull caps just flatten my hair completely. I used one few days ago, and I ended up having to wet my hair to get my curls back. Or maybe I should just shave my head again, but then I'll miss my hair right after I do.

After the gym, I stepped out and just felt light. I was just happy of being, didn't make plans with anybody, or considering going out just because. Ah, this isn't so bad after all. It was bothering me before not having anybody to hang out with on weekends, but it was different not having that wanting, ya know. I can stand me.

*Started this post Wednesday at work but got sidetracked working hahaha 

No comments:

Post a Comment