Tuesday, January 9, 2007

It's a damn cold night...

The new work schedule's been okay so far though this week, I've been having a hard time getting to bed on time. And with that, I mean getting eight hours of sleep. I had maybe two the day before, yesterday about five, and tonight another two more than likely since I try to get up at 5 am with the new schedule. With the one I was working this past month, I come in at 0830 and leave at 1700, but now, I do 0600-1530. I certainly prefer the earlier one, getting to see the sun at least when I leave for the day. It made me smile the first time when I was walking to the bus stop that will take me home. Going up the escalators, and seeing the sun beaming made me glad.

Monday, I actually considered going down to DC after work, to walk around a bit, then go drinking. One guy e-mailed about getting together for drinks, but I didn't call him that day to say yay or nay. I wasn't feeling too well so just thought I'd go home first, then go from there if I feel a bit better. Made it close to home, though I got off a few blocks down to pick up some oatmeal and get a haircut as well. It looks like I'm gonna have to get one once a month, since around three weeks or so, the sides grow out and I would be sporting an afro if I let it be. I think I'm just going to grow the top out like I used to, and not shave my head again, which I seem to do whenever I see/visit my cousin Nani. I shaved it the first time when she visited me in Japan, then left it alone for about two and a half years, then having it cut off few weeks before I came back to the U.S. She thinks it's sexier, but oh well, it's my hair and I should do what I please. On the walk home, figured I'd call my friend CG a call and say hi. He called a couple of days ago but I let the voicemail pick up since I was already in bed....with ted (kidding). Well, not Ted but Ch-. Someone that I had dinner with Thursday. We didn't get to meet 'til around 9:30 pm, and he lived like 30 mins away and I was too tired to drive back around midnight. We just started e-mailing each other on the 2nd, and met up with on the 4th. I'd just say it's dinner since I don't like calling it a date somehow. Ever since I started meeting with guys, I just call it hanging out or having dinner, instead of saying I'm going on a date. This was last Thursday though, and I haven't seen him ever since. There's a talk of catching a movie sometime so will see how that'll go. As one blogger is aware, I have a habit of not seeing the same guy twice. But I'm trying to work on that, thanks K *winks

After I got home, got on yahoo and ended up chatting with D- again. I really haven't chatted with him after we met, we've spoken a few times on the phone but that was that. Just got caught up a little with what's been going on in our lives, and we talked about the stay again. Same stuff from Friday that I mentioned, and some extra things, that he hugged me from behind when I was sleeping which really got me. Ugh, I guess I did/do like him since I've written about him a few times now. We talked about meeting up again, but this time, it'll be his turn as we agreed upon when we just started talking.

I wasn't up for drinking Monday, so just did the laundry and got rid of more little things. I'm such a packrat and trying to break out of it. I don't have much space really, so the more space, the better. Just watched Strangers with Candy again, not that I haven't seen it before but Jerri never fails to make me laugh. With my failed attempt to sleep, I ended up watching Friends with Money as Matt mentioned in his blog. I did like the movie, and it certainly rings true with friends talking about each other about the one that's not there. I certainly am guilty :-) It's weird how one character has so much anger that she snaps just about with anything. It's insane if you ask me, but some people do just that. Walking around with all these anger. Of course, I feel bad for them but still, it's gotta be rough for some. Well with the character, it was due to hormones with her getting older and stuff. Now I could kinda see how my mom was the way she was. Ugh, you can spill water and instead of just letting me wipe it off as if nothing happened, she would go on a tirade going all the way back to when she met my dad somehow. Never fails. I guess I still harbor some resentment for things since I would not have brought that up if I didn't. Oh well, I'm a work in progress and always will be. I'm glad I saw the movie, you should too. Thanks Matty.

Tuesday I woke up late again which I hate. I hate rushing to get ready for any events, that it leaves a bad taste to me all day. I ty to shake it off, but I don't feel right completely. Usually I get up about an hour before I have to leave, giving me enough time to get ready, and then just do nothing. My mom used to comment about it but I didn't pay her any mind. Guess it's the phlegmatic in me. I like taking my time doing things. I ended up driving today since I missed the bus, and with it being the first time I drove to work, I went to the wrong garage. I went to the Permit Parking when I should have gone to the Visitor Parking since I really didn't have a monthly pass or anything. Got lost too in the garage, trying to find my car. I just had to laugh at myself. Even the security guard was probably chuckling, watching me walk all over trying to figure out where my car was supposed to be. Well, found it and here I am.

Haven't been feeling too well so ended up napping. It was nice doing so, though now it's pay back by me being up this late. Gotta try to get some sleep though, since three hours to go before I have to leave for work. I don't know why this is happening, it's not that I have had things in my mind lately. I try not to overthink things anymore, just accept it for what it is. I'll find friends when the right time comes, though I sure miss having friends around. The ones I made in Hampton, not sure where those are going. Eventhough I live only three hours way, I don't think I'll muster up enough energy to make that drive. Just don't see the point, and I need to focus on the now. Try to explore more of where I am, though I sure wish my friends were here. I was trying to get my mil buddies to move here, but that's probably not gonna happen. They say they prefer the West Coast, but really I can't tell what the difference is. Maybe one day, I'll figure it out but right now, I'm good where I am.

The heater for the apartment's broken right now, but I have a portable heater so it's noo too bad. Funny how I kinda wished Ch- was here with me even after I've only met him once. I'm getting to a point where I wanna have somebody to share..

It's a damn cold night trying to figure out this life
Wont you take me by the hand take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are but I'm with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment