Sunday, February 18, 2007

Stuck on ice

I'm now up after having slept for about four hours. I spent the night out and was close calling it a day until I got to the apartment. My car got stuck in the snow... frozen snow and I'm now waiting for the towing service to come by which from the automated message I got would be here within two hours. I messed up my front tire trying to get out of it, and I could really be pissed right now but that's not gonna do me any good, would it?

The weekend's been good otherwise. I just stayed in Friday after getting home from work. Hang around doing nothing before finally forcing myself to go to the gym. My trial period's about done so would have to go more often now that I'm a paying member. I think I lost some weight already so that's a good thing. I'm around 157 and has hovered around 165-175 the past four years. I weighed 145 lbs before joining the military and didn't realize how skinny I looked until I saw some pictures from way back when. Don't forget to bring a towel! is Towlie's advice and yet, I forgot to bring one with me. And boy did I sweat while running! I really considered just going home right after but having skipped the gym for almost a week, I chose to stay instead and do the weights as well. And man, were there some hot bods walking around. I wanted to come up to one and just start touching him. He had a nice one, body that is and maybe I'll get to that one day. I want to build a bit of muscle eventually.

Before going to the gym, I made a quick stop at the library to return some books I borrowed. I'm trying to get back to reading again, which was all I did when I was in Florida. Can't really use the net, it's called unlimited! but they didn't let us stay on it for long lord. And to think before that, I chatted just about daily after school. You pay $1 per hour in the Philippines and I'd get on and just chat away. I did enjoy talking to people from all over, with some I even corresponded with snail mails. Getting back to the library, I returned the books Whatever Makes You Happy and Soul Kiss. Soul Kiss I enjoyed reading and would have to actually buy. I can relate more to the character how she had to stay with her mom's family and her dad who's she's never met lives in California. It was just good, one of those books you can reread over and over and not get tired of.

Saturday, I ended up going to a birthday party I wasn't sure I was gonna go to. It was the same folks who I met for the christmas gathering back in December. I really didn't know what to get for the birthday boy and considered just getting a cake. Jon saved me though, and made me a realize how that would have been a no-no to bring a cake when there's gonna be one already. I brought a bottle of wine, and a gift card since I'm not friends with the guy enough to know his likes or dislikes. It was fun, I got to see these two women that I adored from last time. There isn't any guys my age so made do what I had. Funny how I got a girl's number again, what's up with that!?

I left around 11:30 pm to make my way out to DC and meet up with C-. We're kinda dating I guess. We've hang out like two or three times, few weeks in between. I met him early last month and I've seen him what, four times? It was a pain trying to find a parking spot in DC but I did eventually, after driving around for half an hour. He and his friends were at a bar and grilled called Front Page in the Dupont Circle. It was nice, I got to meet more of his friends and coworkers. I just mostly hang around the bar, dancing here and there when I knew what song was playing. C-'s a social butterfly, going out to bars or parties when he can. It looks like his friends really adore him, it seems like when I kinda take a step back and watch them mingle. We didn't talk too much but it was good. The bar closed about an hour after I got there so we had to go. Funny thing though, there was a guy across the bar whose name is J- (I come to find out later.) He was staring and then would whisper something to the people he was with. I just shrugged it off but just found it a bit odd. We were waiting for C- friends outside the bar and I ended up running into J-. He kept going on how he's straight, etc etc and how I want to sleep with him but obviously we can't since he's not gay. And I stood there thinking What is he talking about!? I asked him where he's getting that from and he went on how he used to be gay but not anymore, etc . 'You're a beautiful man Topher but we're not sleeping together' Oh, bummer I told him and parted ways after a kiss on the lips. I caught up with C- and his folks and said our bye's. I had to walk down a different way to get to my car, and they were still talking about going over to a friend's house anyway.

It was a fun night, and I made my way back home, stopping at McDonald's to get a Big and Tasty meal. At least this time, I didn't have to stop a fight. When I went out two weeks ago and went to McDonald's, the two cars in front of me were having an argument. I don't know if it was the alcohol or wanting to get my food that made me step out of the car and got in between the two guys trying to separate them. They were mostly yelling, but still if one of them would have pulled out a weapon, my ass would have been in the hospital. It was something stupid, the guy in front wanted to back out of the drive-thru lane instead of just leaving the normal route. The guy behind him really can't do anything since he saw my car coming and obviously can't go anywhere. The second guy was a state trooper too, and eventually the first guy just left. The state trooper kept telling him to choose either jail, or home. Looks like the kid had a bit of a drink too and it didn't look like he's over 21. I spoke to the state trooper and pretty much what pissed him off was getting called a niggah. And he was white as can be! I chuckled when I heard that, and told him to relax, it's over now. Go get your food ordered so you can be on your way. I was getting hungrier too.

I finally got my big and tasty yay! but didn't get to savor it all since I got stuck trying to park my car. I was trying to roll the car, grabbing french fries while doing so, who can enjoy their food doing that!? I tried for about half an hour and finally gave up and said I'll just take care of the problem when I woke up. I slept around 6 and woke up around 9, I forgot by what. I ended up calling it in to USAA and got it taken care of, waiting for the towing service for a good five hours. I was by the apartment though so just did the laundry and little things I needed to do. Hey, can't really let it get to me. I had a great evening and won't let the car incident ice on my parade. If I wouldn't have gone out, this would not have happened but I don't think I would have changed any part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment