Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm gonna give it a try

I'm up as usual since I fell asleep after getting home from work today. I didn't get to bed 'til about 1:30 yesterday after catching a show in DC once again. I got to see Peter Bjorn and John last night play at 9:30 Club. That place has become a favorite after having gone there to see three shows the past two months, Scissor Sisters, Radio Soulwax, Peter Bjorn and John and in a few weeks, Keane.

I got to the club around 8:30 since they weren't playing until 10. Doors opened at 7:30 but there was still a queue when I arrived. It felt a bit weird standing in line by myself, I kinda wished I had someone to go with at least. On my way, I was talking to my cousin and she mentioned something that got me thinking for a sec, well just when she was on the phone. It's how when I'm about to experience something, I get excited and hyped up over it, whether it be meeting someone, or catching a show in this case. I won't shut up about it, yet when the time comes, I get this weird thought like "Why'd I even bother with this?" I usually end up having a good time but still not sure why that feeling creeps in EVERY single time I'm about to experience something new. Maybe it's fear, but eventhough i feel the fear, i do it anyway.

I just hang around the club for a while, had a drink or two before the show started. Granted I was wishing I was with people, I guess I give off the leave-me-alone vibe. One guy actually chatted me up a bit about the opening acts, and we just talked for another minute and he wandered off. I only got to see the last song for the first opening act and I don't even know what the band's name was. The second opening act was Fujiya & Miyagi which I found out just tonight is actually a British band. The show was great, Peter Bjorn & John played songs mostly from their first album. Of course, I only knew Young Folks but enjoyed the show regardless. They even played a new material, something about called Black coffins?, dealing with life and death (hard for me to get the words just by listening to a song). DC is their first stop for their North American tour and I was actually glad I was part of it in a way.

Like one of their songs said: and the question is, was i more alive then than i am now? i happily have to disagree; i laugh more often now, i cry more often now, i am more me

Gotta get back to watching About a Boy now. I've seen it a few times but it never fails to make me smile. I just talked to my mom about an hour ago and got to thinking about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment