Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Soar higher like an eagle

I feel good in a James Brown kind of way. That sounded funny to me so shut up. Figured I'd just write a new post to kinda push the other entry down. Talk about picture overload haha

The weekend was kinda quiet. I went and saw Hot Fuzz Friday night and absolutely loved it. I went by myself though since some guy I was supposed to go with two weeks ago cancelled and has disappeared from the face of the earth since then, well on my world at least. I don't know why some folks found it shocking when I told them I went to see it alone, like how can I even do such a thing. I think I ended up watching it free since I went to the self-service ticket counter and grabbed whatever came out. When I handed it to the guy, he told me that he can't take it since it wasn't a ticket. When I looked at the "ticket," it actually was the receipt so ran back down to the machine trying to find my ticket. I looked over and there it was, a ticket for Hot Fuzz for the showtime I was trying to get into. I took it and just made my way back and handed it to the guy. I felt naughty with what I did and when one of the workers was walking around inside the theater, I got nervous thinking they're trying to find me. Thanks universe :)

After that, made my way to McDonald's since I haven't eaten anything since lunch. Spoke to my coworker V- for a little bit. We've become good friends so am really glad about that, something to keep me smiling when I'm at work. We act like kids sometimes, we'd just start giggling over little things like someone's last name being Adcock. I'd just say "This is Willie, whatchu want" and we'd bust out laughing but you'd have to hear
this to know why.

The weekend was quiet. I stayed in Saturday and mostly did some cleaning but didn't get to bed 'til about 5:30 am. Got woken up around 10 when of the aunts called, and after that pretty much called up all the 'moms' I know and wished them a Happy Mother's Day. I then ironed my clothes for the week and guess a bit bummed out that I'm home on a Sunday when it was really nice out. I ended up stepping out and going to a Korean restaurant and grabbed something to eat. V- called while I was eating and we ended up walking around Old Town in Alexandria. She brought her daughter with her which got me nervous for a little bit since she's like 14 yrs old. We ended up having a great time. Walking down by the water, playing with some parrots, drinking up some Starbucks and enjoying the area. I was being silly and it made the kid laugh so it's all good. We were even singing and dancing on the way back to their car. It's kinda weird that this sorta came true since V- later on told me she was feeling a bit down since it was Mother's Day and they were staying home after going out for lunch earlier that day.

Today you might find a new way of bringing people together, Kristopher. The energy of the day could inspire you to form an alliance of some sort. You might strike up a friendship with someone, and both of you could help each other out. Or you could decide to team up with someone whose skills, energy, and personality complement your own on a project. The two of you could make a successful combination!

I was really glad I got to hang out with them though the evening kinda took a bad turn after some incidents with a friend. Drunken phone calls, me making my way out to DC, then my friend pretty much ignoring me when I got there. I briefly touched on S- in an older post and I'm just kinda confused about where we stand. We're supposed to be friends, but something happened so yea, it sure does complicate things. It's kinda cute when he was trying to make me jealous over the phone. But I guess I was a little bit since if I wasn't, I would not have gotten dressed and made the drive to DC to see him. It was just a weird night.

Tuesday though, we met up after getting off work. I wanted to stop by H&M to check out some black slacks so I told S- that I was gonna be in the area. He said he was gonna go running so I said we can just meet up afterwards after I get my shopping done, and he went running. I texted saying I'll give him a call when I got to DC and when I did, he actually was at H&M already *blush I made my way up and had to casually shake his hands when I saw him, and just said what's up but I really wanted to hug him. We had a smile on our faces so guess that's a good thing. I ended up not buying any pants since they didn't look right around the buttocks area. S- was saying that of course it wouldn't since the clothes are of European cut. I said yea, I guess since mine's a little too big and he laughed saying I was full of myself.

After leaving H&M, we ended up making our way to a bar. I was kinda thinking Isn't this early to be going to a bar since it was only around 5 pm by then. He took me to a leather bar so that's another checked off of my list. Now I can say I've been to Eagle. It was actually nice though at first, I was a bit nervous with it being a leather bar and all. The folks are friendly, even the bartender introduced himself. I spoke to a few people and even got kissed by this one guy on his way out. This was the day I found out who Falwell was since one guy talked to me about him and I said that I did not know who it was. S- and I caught up about what we did over the weekend, and for Sunday, he remembers bits and pieces of it, well mostly the good stuff. That that's the good thing when he's drunk, he only remembers the good things. Well not for the sober ones, I said. He asked if I was gonna bring up what happened Sunday night and I said no. I got my hug though since I told him I wanted to at H&M but didn't. Some of the guys that we end up talking with thought we were together. I got another guy's number which didn't sit well with S-. My coworker/friend V- had to explain to me that I shouldn't get guys' numbers when I'm out with S-. I guess I was only thinking of myself, ya know kinda glad that I'm sorta networking and meeting people at least, maybe meet friends in the process.

I met S-'s friend, St- as well though at first when he said his friend's coming, I was thinking why'd he even do that. Sometimes, when I'm hanging out with my friend or whoever, I don't like it when they bring somebody else in. I just want them all to me. St- was an alright guy though. I "lost" my mug at the bar though since S- had the bartender take it away when I was chatting with somebody whose number I got.

We ended up leaving around 9 and made our way out to Chinatown stopping by Fuddruckers and grabbing something to eat. Of course this whole time, S- was rambling how I keep talking to other guys and getting their numbers. He said he'd talk to them and that is it. He's lived here for five years so he knows folks while I don't. But like V- said, it's not right to do that if I'm with S-. My silly self find it adorable when S- gets all hyped up but I just really didn't think much of what I was doing. He kept on and on about it when we were eating, and when St- was driving us both, how I sucked and he shouldn't be speaking to me. S- lives in DC while I'm in Va and St- drove me all the way to the train station where I was parked so that was really nice of him. I sent him a thank you e-mail since that's the most I can do. I got home and passed right out.

It's all good though. With the beginning of the post, that's how I really felt yesterday. The whole time I was in the train, I just had a smile on my face thinking that life is good. Not that it isn't, but sometimes with all the things that go through, we tend to forget that. But yesterday, I just had that feeling and it was nice. S- asked me if I had fun the previous night, and rather than just saying yes, I texted: Yes! I've had a smile on my face since waking up because of last night. Seeing you did me good. Probably a bit too much but at that time, that's how I really felt. I'm trying to make it a point of telling folks how I feel. Making my self vulnerable in the process but with doing that, knowing how flexible or unbreakable I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment