Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sweet escape

That gwen stefani song is stuck in my head. Wooohoooo Weeeehoooo I'm just taking a quick break before I head out on jobs. I'm still trying to get signed up for some summer classes and will get to do them tomorrow. I'd have to give it a day before the transfer goes through so the system is rejecting my card. It'll cost a LOT to go full-time (about $250 for each credit hours and my cousin told me to just wait it out until next year so I can pay in-state tuition rates. It's outrageous since out-of-state rates is aboout $250 and taking 12 credits, hmm. I considered it but that'll be just too long that I'm not taking any classes. I was taking one last summer but withdrew when I needed to go back to the Philippines due to the death in the family.

I guess I'm just a bit bored. Not that I don't mind not doing anything, but going back to school will keep me busy at least. I'm gonna take one real-time and three online courses, just to give me an idea what it's like. I have a feeling I'll like going to classes better since I did enjoy the interaction with the teacher and just hearing their stories and the way they explain things. I miss sitting in a classroom learning from a sensei. I've bought the books yesterday and will skim through them at least once maybe next week.

Aside from that, it's been good here at work. This one girl V- and I have been talking a lot more. Instead of splitting the trouble calls, we'd come out together and fix the issues. It's been fun, we make each other laugh. I can make her laugh with just my facial expression. They told me I make some weird faces which in turn makes them laugh. They say I'm goofy, which I can be, but I think that's also because I've become more comfortable with me. In the mil, I kinda held back worrying people might find out about me so I tended to keep to myself until my last few weeks. Some wished I would have opened up more sooner. I did too, but as long as we got to make memories, I'm glad about that.

The aunt (my dad's sister) called me Monday after being MIA for like a month. I called her a few times, and even left a message but didn't hear back. My cousin is actually graduating from univ down in Charlotte, NC this Sunday but I'm not going. Even my dad, mom and bro will fly in since the mentioned aunt paid for their ticket. It's a six hour drive and right now, I don't see myself making that drive to be with them. I'm glad I got to finally meet them last year, but I think I've come to a point where I'm okay with the way things are now. I wish it were different but sometimes I just feel too tired in getting to know them. I'm full of contradictions, since I get some moments where I'd want to do just that, yet other times, think to myself to why even bother.
A fellow blogger I met mentioned that me and my cousins really have nothing in common, except for the blood that runs in our veins. I have more love to some bloggers which I know might sound weird but I just do. Maybe I'm just not giving them the family a chance...

Instead of going to Charlotte, I might end up in NYC this weekend. A guy I met just last weekend is planning to go to NY and told me to think about it. I wasn't planning to but now that week's almost over, I let him know this morning that I'll come with him. I 'll find out tonight where we're staying, or how we're even getting there.
Funny how I agreed to go with him, yet won't do the same for the family. What's the matter with me, I tell ya. I'm still trying to build up my life here in DC and I'll admit it's been a bit hard making friends. The ACNYer touched very well on how I feel sometimes. I think I've become comfortable with it in a sense not 'coz I had to, but I think more of making peace with the way things are. It can be hard sometimes, but it's all up to me to make myself happy, and not depend on people. If people can make me happy, they can also make me unhappy.

I need to go back out on jobs. Just wanted to write a little something. Aside from date, I met someone at a bar. I had the courage to ask a guy for his phone number but will see how that goes. I've called him once since Friday, but only got his voicemail. I left a message and he texted me the next day letting me know he did get it so will see. Another one, I e-mailed with and chatted online and was supposed to see Hot Fuzz with last Sunday. He texted like 2 am that morning saying he had to go back to Ohio due to some family issues. Regardless, I'll make it a point of watching the movie, maybe Monday.

Well gotta go now, my gurl's been out in the floors for too long without me. Our coworker is teasing us since we ended up wearing lavender shirts today. It wasn't planned, more of a coincidence. I'm just trying to be more colorful in the clothes I wear, that's all really. Hope you have a great Thursday. I'll just take it slow, it's my TV night so will be set put at 8 with My Name is Earl, The Office and Grey's.

No comments:

Post a Comment