Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Made the cut

I'm back at work now after taking a week off and did some traveling. I'm not sure if I've mentioned that we initially we're gonna go to San Francisco to meet up with my Uncle flying in from Norway for a conference. We ended up not going since the costs would be a bit too much with finding a hotel, the plane ticket, then getting around the bay area. Just need to plan it out more I guess. So after Cali was scratched, we considered Canada but you needed a passport to go there which C- doesn't have at this time.

We chose Orlando since his sister that's about to have a baby lives there. We opted to drive and 4 hours in, we got a call saying that his sister had a baby boy so derr. It was a 13-hr drive and we just alternated every 3 hours so it wasn't bad. I was nervous since his mom was there also from Puerto Rico. She's staying indefinitely to help with her new grandson. Meeting them went well over all I think. C-s brother in law was great too, he learned a lot of computer tricks from yours truly :P His mom was commenting how quiet I was, but that's how I usually am when I meet new folks. Once I warm up though, you can't shut me up at times. The previous pic was the only pic I have really, C- and I don't have any pics together since it was pretty much raining when we're out and about.

Central Florida was nice. Will see how the next few months go and we're considering moving there come next summer. That scholarship I have is only good in Florida and will expire next winter, 3 years after I got out of the mil. But will see.. On the way back, stopped by Savannah which was a lovely city. We hang around for 2 hours and took the tour around the historic district, will definitely have to come back. We watched Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, so now you got two people in the house running around saying "Two tears in a bucket, motherfuck it!"

During my time away from work, there was the transition happening since the contract was won by another company as I mentioned previously. A bunch of coworkers were let go and today's their last day. I'm not at our main office though, and subbing at the satellite by myself. The new company took me on board but will see how it'll go here on out. That's what's been going on really, getting a bit stressed but oh well, that's part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment