Friday, November 24, 2006

Feels like home....

It's been five days now since I came to California and I would have to say it's been nice. Always, always good to spend time with the family. The weekend prior to leaving, I just mostly relaxed when I could be doing things. I've been putting off packing, and just sit around listening to music, even watching a DVD, when I could be packing. Oh well, I'll get to them when I go back. I have about a month left in the lease anyway so will just drive back one weekend and get everything taken care of. It's not really much left though, it's just some things I'm kinda torn about getting rid of. Just some Muji containers, and a futon that I bought when I was in Japan. I'm not even sure why I'm trying to hold on to them since they're just that, things. I guess something tangible that shows I DID live in that country for a while. Oh well..

So that, I've been here in Cali and tonight, we're just taking the night slow. Dad's on the phone downstairs, mom in the kitchen, brother in the room, and I, sitting here on the computer. I got in to Sacramento around 0130 Tuesday morning, with my flight totaling to about twelve hours, coming from Virginia with stop overs in Detroit, and St Louis/Minneapolis. Watching The Office, and Seinfeld on my iPod. Video iPod is sooo awesome. So Tuesday, and Wednesday, we pretty much just stayed home. Stepping out for a bit to go to the store to pick up some groceries. Wednesday, I got close to catching the ferry that'll take me to San Francisco, but after talking about it with my (step)mom, decided to wait it out. With it being the day before Thanksgiving, coming back might be a bit hard with everyone trying to get home. The ride is normally an hour but with the commuters, and everything, I'm gonna have to get in line an hour or so before the scheduled time for the ferry to come or go.

For Thanksgiving, we headed out to Fremont which is about an hour away from the house. We spent the day with my mom's cousin (I think). It ended up being okay though at first, I had that feeling of just not wanting to be there. It's weird sometimes how I'd be more at ease meeting up with strangers/bloggers, than being with family and/or relatives I've never met before. I eased up after a while since they were really good folks. The wine during dinner certainly helped too. I was buzzed though a little bit after dinner, us three young ones (my brother, his cousin and I) went to see Borat which makes it the third time I saw the movie. Went back to the house and called it a night.

Then Friday, went to the mall to catch the sale, getting into an accident on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment