Friday, April 27, 2007

Friyay

Wow, the week sure did fly by. One more day of answering phones and next week, will be out on the floor fixing things, not really sure how I feel about it. I run into unique computer problems, and I guess that's a good thing but sometimes, I'd rather not learn just yet.

Yesterday was the first time I ran after a week and a half of not doing anything. It felt good since I wanted to shake off this weird feeling that came over me earlier. Just got to thinking about going back to Florida, to a point where I thought to just quit this job and move back down. Just been thinking about school lately. Granted, I'm taking classes this summer however, I'm gonna have to pay out-of-state tuition fee and it'll cost a LOT. It won't be until Spring that I can become a residen, and with that, I'll lose the scholarship back in Florida. It'll pay 75% so hmmm.. I still have a while though, it'll be good until Dec 2009, three years after I got out of the military so will see.

I'm liking the DC area more. Getting to see music shows, and living pretty close to the city has been good. Knowing I have all these options of things to do, places to see, is nice. I need to start meeting people again though. I kinda took a break from meeting new folks after that whole E- incident. And to think, he doesn't even live here. I oughta write about that evening since it feels like I only write about the not so good things. Getting two hours of sleep and coming in to work the next day, mannn that was rough.I used to say I wouldn't do that but sometimes, one gets caught up in the moment. I was with him and a friend I never met until that day. It doesn't make much sense but will explain later.

It still sucks not having friends in the area but I'm more at peace with that now. Here and there, I'd wish I did when I see a group of folks just out and about, but I'm being patient. Obviously, I can't just wish and not do anything so meeting possibly two people this weekend and see how that goes. I might see Hot Fuzz with one of them but still trying to finalize it. And Saturday, maybe explore the museums. I've been here four months and have yet to set foot at any. I've hit the bars and clubs but those doesn't really count, does it?

My dad's gonna be in NC next week for my cousin's graduation. I probably won't go, I kinda forgot all about it after the aunt who I've been talking to kinda went off the radar. It's a 6-hr drive and doubt I'd be up for it. There's gonna be a wedding this summer too but it's in Atlanta so doubt I'd go to that one either. My dad doesn't even know my mom's coming to the States. I MIGHT pick her up from Cali to Florida but will see how that'll go. Oh wow, that's coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment