Monday, June 25, 2007

It seems to me I'm having such a good time

Mom's finally here y'all. There was a bit of a confusion with her arrival date since with the itinerary she sent us, it actually had Philippines times instead of the US'. Here we were expecting her not 'til Sunday and she landed in Pensacola Saturday morning. I was on the phone with my aunt and uncle Saturday morning trying to figure out my mom's arrival, and have had to call the airlines to check what flight my mom was on. The woman I talked to actually gave me all the info I wanted, though when my uncle did the same, whoever he spoke to said they're not allowed to give out that information. I just found it funny that somehow when I want something, I usually get it but when the others do, whether it be a coworker or a family member, they get told that's it's not possible due to one reason or another.

I got to speak to her briefly on Saturday and she pretty much just told me she was starving since she hasn't eaten since the landed in LA. I called her last night and she sure had stories already. Ok, the airport in the Philippines wasn't big enough to require a train to get from one terminal to another. That wasn't the case at Dallas though. And my mom told me how she was trying to get through the doors when the train isn't ther yet. And she was just standing there, wondering why she can't open them. I just thought that was really funny.

Weekend was good. Friday night, I was just gonna stay home and take it slow, do laundry and chill. Cs- called though and was inviting me to a little get together at his friends', Ju- and Vi-'s house. They were the ones we had dinner with Thursday. They were just doing some grilling and Cs- asked if I'd want to join them. I was debating at first since I already had the laundry started. Ended up stopping it halfway and putting them in the dryer later that evening when I got back. It was nice, just hanging out with them and talking about stuff. I also got to meet La-, another friend of theirs. It was fun, Dreamgirls was playing in the background and we touched up on different things, psychology, sexuality, etc etc. They told me about an interesting documentary about these Vietnamese siblings that were adopted by an Black family (interesting for me at least) but can't remember the name of it. Texted La- to see if he can tell me what it was. Well, he just did and it actually isn't a documentary (T_T) It's a movie named Catfish in Black Bean Sauce.

We got to talking about my job too and they asked me if I'd considered doing it on the side. I told them that I haven't and they said I ought to so will maybe get some cards printed out. They'll be my first customers, though instead of paying me, they will cook up a meal for me or something. I liked them and am glad they liked me as well. Cs- told me last night that it's unusual for his friends to just invite a guy he's dating over for dinner, and he said that La- texted him after that evening and said I'm for keeps. Ok, I hope I don't sound too pompous but there was a whole convo that brought this up. I might touch up on it on another post.

That's it for now really. It's awesome how this past week has been great. My mom's finally here in the US and I'm seeing somebody. Well actually we're not even dating anymore, we're boyfriends now, a week after we first met. It'll take a little getting used to considering I'm almost 24 and Cs- is my first. Well, gotta go out on the floor to do work like I should be doing. I'm having a case of a mooondays..

Have a good Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment