Monday, June 18, 2007

Told myself I wouldn't go

My mom's flight is pretty much finalized. I've sent her what she needed for the plane ticket the past week but didn't get to talk her ever since so figured I'd call at least. I was planning to just call maybe for about 5 minutes but of course, that didn't happen. I ended up speaking with her for a good hour until the phone card ran out.

She's excited about her move though at the same time, there's loneliness that's starting to creep in. I think knowing you're going to leave everything familiar behind, and moving to a foreign land where the only one you'd know nearby will be your sister. Having lived in the Philippines for pretty much her whole life, 48 years and counting, it'll be a complete shock but like I've been telling her, this is her choice and there will be no turning back this time around unlike what she did in Japan.

We just touched on random things, about how my grandma was a bit sad with my mom leaving. I guess I could say that my mom has been a glue to the family. With my grandma going back in forth to Norway, my mom wass the one who's had to take care of my grandpa when he was living. If they want something ask Ana to get it. If they need something, have Ana do it. Ok, I'll admit sometimes that I thought it was stupid for her doing everything for the family. And when I say that thought outloud, sometimes she'd agree but she'll always say, it's family De. She tells me that it's pretty much her way of showing gratitude to them for everything they did for us, but I ask isn't there a time when it has to stop. I guess it doesn't. Either that, or she just loves the family enough to do what she can. We kinda got to talking about me as well. I told her that it's not really her fault that I'm gay. I don't think you can pinpoint this or that which made me the way I am, but it's just the way I am.

I was laughing since she was joking around how I'm still a virgin. Sometimes I'd randomnly blurt it out when I'm talking to her, and she'll say "Oh yeah? Where? In your ears!?" I was teary one minute, and laughing the next. She'll be flying in this upcoming Sunday but I won't get to be there with school and everything. She was hoping I could be in Florida and I'll just say, gosh I just saw you a year ago but at the same time, thinking it would have been good to be there. The phone call cheered up my day.

This weekend I told myself I wouldn't go to DC for a change since I've pretty much been going the past a month and a half now. I was tired after getting home from work, having slept only 3 hours the previous night. I went to Old Town with someone and walked around, then caught Knocked Up for the second time around. I didn't even get to eat anything for dinner, unless Ben and Jerry's ice cream counts. I got to try Chocolate Therapy and it is just so good, guess the name is fitting.

I pretty much slept Friday night away passing out in my bed around 6. Getting woken up around 9 by a phone call, then falling right back to sleep afterwards. Waking up at 1, eating dinner, trying to watch a movie but not finishing it and going right back to sleep. This weekend was all about being lazy or so I thought.

Got up Saturday and went running since I haven't been going to to the gym the past few weeks. I tried calling the family but none of them was answering their phones (T_T) Tidied up my room, and eventually just stepped out to get some groceries. On the way home, I stopped by a nursery to try to get a plant but ended up with a cactus for now. I was considering getting orchids but the person who can tell me how to take care of it was gone for the day. I told myself I'll just come back. I eventually got in when one of the roommates texted and said he was home.

Grabbed all my groceries and when I tried to go back in to the apartment, that's when I realized I forgot my house key. I usually tie it in my shoelace when I go running but this morning, forgot to put it back on the keychain after getting back in. Texted my roommates but they were all out. I ended up being locked out for a good three hours during which I went to the mall, and was trying some clothes since cuzz suggested I might as well go out instead of just doing nothing. I texted and called a few people to see if I can kill time at their place but alas, nobody answered. That sucked. I really need to make more friends.

I got in, and grabbed some lager beer to kinda shake the weird feeling off. I know, I know not the healthiest route to go. I ended up getting on one of the sites and eventually chatted with Cs- that lived over in DC. The idea of meeting came up about and I said sure, though we agreed to go to a neutral place somewhere in the Dupont area. I picked him up and made our way out to Annie's. We parked a few blocks away so walked instead to get there. The weather was just right, and it felt nice to just be out and about under the moon.

We didn't get to talk too much at the steak house since we get planked by two guys on both sides that we end up chatting with. One was really drunk it was just kinda funny when he asked for a kiss from both of us. And the other, who was telling us how his trip was earlier that day at a stadium that was being built. I was blushing a bit since the drunk guy kept making remarks about how he likes his meat and stuff. It was an interesting evening. I even got involved in a chase since the drunk guy left without paying for his meal, and I think it came up to about $30. Poor waiter.

We just walked around some more and eventually made our way down to the Dupont Circle and sat around for a while. Just talking about stuff, getting to know each other. Looking up at the sky trying to find the constellations. It was a really nice and something I would not have expected since I wasn't supposed to go to DC. We were out 'til about 3 and made my way home after dropping him off at his apartment. I had signed up for some volunteer thing Sunday so told him that I'm gonna be in the area again come afternoon.

Well, got up and was greeted by a text from Cs-. He's picked up some Tagalog so he was texting in mixed English and Tagalog which was cute. He's Puerto Rican, not that it matters but I guess speaking Spanish helped. He's funny, he's got jokes and he's a nice guy from what i can assess through our conversation. I didn't have to be in DC 'til around 3 so figured I'll just iron my clothes until then. Cs- was gonna go down by the circle again and just read. After I started ironing, I got to thinking how why would I rather be ironing when I can just leave by then and see him. So I texted and asked if I can join him. During which, I went ahead and took a shower and got ready. Can you imagine if he would said no!? I would have felt like an atheist that just died, all dressed up and nowhere to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment