Friday, October 14, 2005

I just wanna be close, really close to someone who will leave me alone

Week's certainly over, and it felt like it dragged despite of me working for just three days. Sorta been a crazy week coz of some issues we're trying to handle at work. With me working with computers, I'm assigned to a shop that pushes out patches, and updates to the network due to vulnerabilities and bugs that Microsoft usually has. It's funny sometimes to think that this time last year, I was in a yet familiar territory and dealing with close to the same emotions. I got moved to my current shop around this time last year, and hated, well scratch that (hate is such a strong word lol, according to an old friend), disliked working there from the beginning. It was enticing at first really, but the excitement wore off immediately. It got so bad that I felt I had no way out that I tried getting out of my extension (it's where I'd have to do an extra year here in Japan instead of the usual two year tour) which as you can tell, didn't happen. I tried to make the best of this shop, but it is just hard. You come in, check the status of how many computers got patched. If not, import the noncompliant's list to a spreadsheet and remote to each computer one by one and patch them manually. *What we use is called Systems Management Server which is a software that's used to push out software upgrades, and patches to other computers, amongst other things. It'll also let you troubleshoot other people's problems from your end, when they could be miles away from your location. SMS will actually let you take over the computer and control the mouse and the keyboard. Well with one update, there were still around 1800 machines that needed it and considerin it was due (tomorrow), it was a bit upsetting. Having to call the WGM's up and checking with them how they're doing with patching. Heh, all these acronyms you'd end up learning in the mil.

All this pretty much comes down to is I'm leaving the shop and going back to the Helpdesk (renamed to Communications Focal Point - CFP, then to Missions Operations Center - MOC) They were gonna call it Communications Operations Center but acronyms wouldn't sound too good with that, when answering the phone. I go back to it this Sunday, and that really made me glad. Dunno, I was at peace once again, knowing I'm gonna be doing something I enjoy doing. Everybody else doesn't like working there really, as people have voiced out. I'm probably one of the few, umm more like THE only one who likes working there. True, it's got its moments, but it was something that I looked forward coming to everyday. Glad that I get to work, and not Gah, I got to work again. I'm trying to put this saying into play, "Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life" Though only about 6 more weeks for me.

Was off today but it sorta felt like a workday. Got up at 1000, and talked to my mom for at least two hours. Our conversations tend to last that long, ended up talking about the same things as before, which always has the comedy, and the drama midway through. So did that, and got ready to do some volunteering for setting up for a bazaar the next two days. Ended up staying for an hour since it was pretty much hauling things out to the dumpster back and forth, which feels like an eternity for someone who loves manual labor....not

It was lovely outside, the sun was up and shining. The breeze was just perfect to stroll around the streets, soaking it all in. I sometimes wish I had my loved ones with me, just to share these moments with them. That's not the case though, but that doesn't stop me from looking up and hoping they see the same sun I am. Do you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment