Wednesday, October 5, 2005

It was just a dream...I thought when I got woken up at 0430 this morning. I didn't even hear the phone ringing yet I got up and sure enough there was a message saying we'd need to come in to work. For this phone calls, they pretty much want us to get dressed and go to work which I did, after brushing my teeth at least and doing my hair at least. So off to work I went, though ended up taking a long drive since the gate I normally drive in didn't open until 5 am. Got in to work, signed in and just went back to my shop. Found out eventually that the commander (boss) just wanted to see how fast we'd respond after getting recalled in like that. Is fine with me, though I hope he just wasn't bored enough to come in to work at 4 am and get a kick out of doing that. Probably not, but just getting my hate on.

Really didn't do much at work. I was sorta by myself in our shop since the other two coworkers were teaching a class about what we do and the software tool that we use to get the job done. I remember how excited I was when I just heard about SMS. It's a software that can be used to remote control into somebody else's machine where you can pretty much take over their computer since you can see their view from your side. We use it mostly to help troubleshoot customer's problem. It fascinates some, though the excitement wears off after having had to do it for almost three years now. My bud eventually came back though so that was cool, I had somebody to chitchat with once again. I've hung out with him more and more, and been having a great time on the weekends, just walkin around the city and striking up conversations with people. He got his iPod, well not just any model, but the latest Nano and he was real psyched about it. Nano seems real nice, well it is nice but I settled for the older bigger model instead, when I bought mine few weeks ago. It was that Apple store visit that prompted him to get a Nano since who can really resist to gadgets the Mac people makes. I caved in after resisting buying one for the last year. It wasn't until I got on the train for Kyoto and travelled for 4 hrs without anything to listen to but my thoughts. Time to reflect about things I thought, but that gets boring from time to time. I needed something to enjoy playing with on long travels like this. Sing along to a song, grooving to the music, or being transported back to certain times in my life when some of them were quite known.

So that, after the post office we ended up just going to Burger King for lunch since despite of loving Japanese food as much as we do, we run out of ideas as to what and where to eat. It was good though, I got to try a Sundae pie for the first time. I dunno why, but I just haven't bothered much with whatever desserts this places I eat at has. I'm happy to just go back home and have my dose of cookies and cream. We stuck around BK for a little while, and headed down to the dorms so he can play around with his new gadget. I was tired though so ended up passing out on his floor for a good 20 mins or so since I went to bed around 1230 am and got woken up four hours later. He mentioned I just laid there on the carpet snoring the time away (and all these time I thought I didn't :sigh:) Does anybody else get that? I've always thought I never snored but then again, how would I really know considering I live alone.

We end up going back to work around 1 pm and nothin much went on. We were supposed to go to a briefing with the commander but it got cancelled so I dunno, wasn't too glad about that. I just wanted it to be out of the way but now, it'll have to be done tomorrow morning. I do get nervous after all when it's the superiors that I'd have to give briefings too. Well, higher ranking, though not exactly superior.

We got released at 2 though so glad about that but I ended up calling in to my other job since I was too tired to go. Got home and end up getting on the computer and talking to my cousin for a while which was nice. It's comforting to know that she's always there though I tend not to email her for a few days or so, just so she'd miss me which actually works. I know lame but I do that from time to time, to get the feeling that yeah, I love you enough to realize that we haven't spoken in a few days. I guess living alone does that to people at times. You really wouldn't get any validation in person, so you tend to hold onto the emails, phone conversations, chats with friends to actually feel loved. Right now, those are the big little things I'm holding unto to keep me going.

Fell asleep after that and didn't wake up til about 2020 in which it was too late to catch a movie with my friend. He called before 1900 but I was asleep and didn't call him back til I woke up. Well he lives like less than 10 mins away but the comfort of being in your room is just too good to not go anyplace else. He's messing with his Nano too though, so that's understandable :-) so will let that one slide.

Got to talk to a dear friend of mine for about seven years now so that made my day too. She's in Hawaii and so much has happened in our lives but it's always nice to catch up on things, talk about what's going on, the chances of seeing each other again, and reminiscing of things come to pass. She got me on the reminiscing part though, she kept on and on about the 'spice girls days' Gah, I cringe when I think back to those days in high school we just had to laugh about them now. But what can i say, i loved those girls. They're pretty much what opened me up to listenin to music.

It's almost 1 am now so going to bed now. Got a mention on somebody's blog..eheh, makes me feel like a real deal blogger. Aw heck, thanks Matt! *grins

No comments:

Post a Comment