Friday, October 21, 2005

Looking back

Whoooo, this week sure flew by. Could have updated earlier but I guess laziness kicked in. Either that, or sorta lack of inactivity. I'm doing this Friday night 1/4 into the shift.

I was off up until Sunday night last week and really didn't go anywhere to do stuff. I wanted to but it was taking forever to decide where to go so ended up just staying in both days. Helped out a little for the set up for the Asian bazaar (an even where there's a hangar full of stuff you can buy; furnitures, decors, swords, even some traditional Japanese outfit). I ended up just working for an hour since it got me tired hauling the trash out back and forth for like 20 times. I was gonna help out Saturday but decided against it since it was my day off.

Hmm, Saturday I went by the bazaar and ended up picking up some things. I sure did came back for this one lamp that I eyed when I was helping out Friday and somehow was debating whether to buy it or not, but still bought it though. Seems like I have a thing for lamps lol. I dunno, as much as I don't like bulbs, I don't mind them too much on lamps. I just love that cozy atmosphere it gives out whether it be in the bedroom or the living room. Maybe I can take a pic of it later on. I also got some mink blankets for me and my mom. Well i liked the one that's got the wolves in it in the forest and for her, pretty much a tiger that takes up the whole thing. She asked me if I can get her one a while ago and I was like NO! Hehe, I'm sure she'd be happy when she gets it on the mail. Will try to have it out before I leave Japan, so it'll be a bit cheaper instead of sending it from the states. Also got a stepkansu (the pic) to give to the family probably. Unless I take interest after seeing it out on display lol. It is nice though, so if I changed my mind I can just keep it to meself ha!

Hmm tried staying up late Saturday night so I can sleep in during Sunday, and get ready for night shift. It dragged on the first night since we're doing 12-hr shifts at the moment in what is called a Panama schedule. Pretty much, it goes: 2 on - 2 off - 3 on - 3 off. I've thought your days off changes every week but apparently you get every other weekend off which isn't bad. It was a bit long but it was nice. We don't get too many phone calls but just being out here again is a joy in itself.

So worked two more days during which I've made converts out of my coworkers once again. And nooo, it's not to Islam or anything like that! I got them to watch Arrested Development and they both liked it so mission accomplished. I oughta get paid for that or something. Neh, it's good enough I've made them into a fan of the show. Is that just normal or what? If I like something, I sorta push it on other people, but in a good way. I dunno, a way of sharing I guess. Eventhough I've seen the episodes of a show over and over, for example, I'd watch it all over again if I'm with someone who's never seen it, much less heard of it. So that's all set, we knocked out a whole season in 36 hrs working time :D

Oh yeah, I had a customer who I should keep a note of. He was trying to check his email from home, and is havening some trouble trying to get in. He was getting an error that I've never seen or heard of either lol so I did research up on it and didn't find anything sadly. It seems that it was only his end though since I can get to it just fine from work. We got to talking for a bit, so that's cool. At one time, I ended up talking with a customer for a good hour. It's nice though, since they give you advice on different things. With some, they've even mentioned their goals, and dreams those kind of stuff. And I love just that, getting an insight into somebody else's life, even in a small way. We didn't get to fix his problem, but that conversation made my night. He even emailed personally just to say thanks. The type of customer that you wouldn't mind bending over backwards.

Wednesday, can't remember what I did. :(

Thursday, I finally got my fly out date. YIPPPEEEE! I was a bit confused with what route to take lol, since I was intending to make stops in different places. But it's all set now. It feels so much better knowing a date instead of being in a limbo as to when I'm gonna be leaving. I fly out to Seattle from Japan, and then from there fly to Colorado on a flight which I have yet to get. It's weird since I fly to CO, back to WA, then fly out to VA on my departure date. Reason being is my friend is gonna try to go on leave and go home to WA so yeah, that's pretty much why I'm doing this weird itinerary. That way, I can stay in Seattle for a few days at least. Though I have no idea what to expect considering I've never been there.
I was up til about 6, and I really wish I had somebody to hang out on times like this. I just about run out of things to do, watch DVD, chat (which is getting old), or surf the net. Times that I miss living with someone from time to time. Yeah they say solitude is good yada, yada, but there's just some times where it gets a bit too much. Then when I do indeed live with someone, think Gah, i wanna be alone again. so dunno? Whatcha think? Always wanting something you haven't got.

No comments:

Post a Comment