Saturday, October 8, 2005

So hot it hurts...

Nothing much went on today really. Got up and ended up being on the computer for a few hours trying to get iTunes updated. It would add some of my music but not the rest. And despite of me adding them manually, nope, won't add to no avail.

Left today with Caleb around 1630 to go to Shibuya since he wanted a cover to protect his nano from scratch. I was gonna go do the same, buy a newer case for mine since with the current one that I have, I'd have to keep pulling the iPod in and out to try to get to any buttons. But couldn't make up my mind as to what style or color so left empty-handed. Just went to McDonald's to eat afterwards. Figured I'd try something different so opted for Bacon Lettuce Cheeseburger. This is one of those that I haven't seen anywhere else but Japan. It was alright but really didn't get me too full. Well while we were eating, there's this one kid who came in that just shocked us completely. He was really, really tanned, with pink hair along with a cowboy hat dressed in a surfer's outfit. Wowww, was all we could mutter. I think he actually saw us looking through our reflection since moments later, it was his friend this time who just got stood up and started doing some dance moves.

After dinner, we went to the arcade for a little while and played the taiko drum. It only did two songs for us, but it was still fun. Went to Zara to check out the clothes they have but really didn't stay long. I dunno, it just feels weird looking around for outfits when I'm with my friends. They pretty much just stand in one spot and nothing else so really can't take my time to try fitting into some. Zara brand was pretty nice though some of what they have is a bit too expensive. A leather jacket that was like $700! Christ, that's about how much money I make in two weeks and it sure isn't gonna be used to buy one jacket.

Off we went to the Hachiko exit and hang around the station. We really didn't get to talk to anyone today since we both were a bit tired. Just pretty much watching people, and some of the street shows they had, a singing duo in one side and a break-dancing group about 20-ft away. They both ended up being stopped since there was some sort of emergency in one of the lines, and firemen, and an ambulance were called in to respond to a call.


However, what brought amusement to the evening was something written on a guy's shirt. Well, Japan is one among other countries known for engrish and the writings on the shirt just has to bring a smile on your face. But then again, it's the same for shirts that has chinese or japanese writings. People who usually wear them has no idea what is says. Like earlier, there was a poem written in some guy's shirt that started with "It's a good day to die today" and it went on about how the sun is up shining, the trees are green and the flowers abloom. It probably has a meaning when given some thought but it sure is a bit shocking to see those lines on a first glance. Well, back to this one guy that I saw later on the night.His shirt just really made me laugh.I got to take a pic but my friend has it since it's his camera that I used. My friend has sent the picture in. The guy stuck around the train station and I got to take his picture while he was on the phone. I acted like I was taking a picture of the scenery but really was looking at him. One of those moments that I just had to capture, luckily with a camera this time. A picture that'll bring a smile on my face and make me think of how much I enjoyed Shibuya.

No comments:

Post a Comment