Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I've got something to say...

Last week was the start of our regular schedule and I'm gonna have to say that it's been kicking my ass.. Monday, I woke up 0630 when I should have been at work 30 minutes prior. Called in and told my Staff Sergeant (SSgt) that I'm gonnabe a just a little bit late. So got showered, put on my uniform, grabbed some oatmeal and off to work I went. Kinda good that I live only about 10 mins away from the base. The most traffic I would encounter is people trying to get on base, which can take 10-20 mins just to get through the gates. I finally got to come in at 0715, and I was actually forgiven since the SSgt said that it was our first day with the new schedule so it's okay.

Our new hours is 0600-1500 so it's not too bad. Got home, and kinda forced myself to run. I usually follow the road leading to downtown, though it seems that it's a non-exciting one. There's barely any businesses/company's even in the area so yea. It's nice though running through the bridge over the river, so that's a reason why I run there. Though the chances of running into people doing the same thing, is slim to none. When I was crossing the street, despite of the no crossing sign, I was trying to do it too quickly that I ended up losing my footing for a brief moment. I kinda giggled thinking how silly that was, and went on as if nothing happened. After getting to the other side however, I looked at this one car with the guy yelling HAH! I SAW THAT!!! so I just grinned and kept on running.

Well Tuesday, I woke up early with a lot of time to spare and was really glad about
that. I arrived at work early, though when I was crossing the street, I saw my coworker walking in and al
l I can utter was Ooops. With it being a Tuesday, we were supposed to come in to work with this uniform with my camouflage on, instead of wearing the blues which pretty much everybody hates. I like it on the other hand, since I feel all professional going to work in a tie. Will post a pic later on to show the difference between the two.

Last, last weekend was actually good, not that my days off have been bad. I usually just stay home when I'm off, and watch movies or just lay around and do nothing. That's the greatest! I'm not much of a busy bee guy, and don't try to find stuff to do just because. (Two weeks ago) So Friday, after finding out I have the weekend free and coming home, I was really antsy and didn't know what to do. I had one of those days where I was wanting to do something, no matter what as long as it got me out of the house. I could have called my friends but I didn't. Instead I got on g.com, and went to the chatroom to see how it'll go. I log in, but really don't initiate conversations since I kinda suck at it. I'd start talking to someone and just run out of things to say sooo yea.. M- messaged greeting me 'Hi! Happy Friday :D' so that made me laugh. We probably talked for about two hours, though he got quiet here and there. And me having that antsy feeling, I kept on talking and talking and trying to get him to hang out. It's not that I like like him, but I just had that feeling of wanting to get out of the house, yet not be myself if I do so. It's not that I don't like my company, but it's nice to step out of the bubble and meet some new folks. I was even singing Abba's song Take a chance on me, well just the Take a chance take a chance take a take a chance since he was hesitant about meeting me.

He actually told me later on that the reason was that he thought I was just coming over so I can drink some of his wine, and that'll be it. He said since after he mentioned wine, that's when it looked like I got all excited over going to his house and hanging out.. Jeeez. Written words sure can be misinterpreted sometime.. Will tell more later but I've finally broken out of the one-meet policy I seem to have with guys. I've actually seen him twice after our first meeting. Second time was that Sunday where I got lost for an hour and a half going back and forth on the interstate. But I still stopped by. At one point, wherever I was was really close to where I lived that M- told me to just go home and call it a night. I said no, I've been driving all this time so might as well stop by. It would have been all in vain if I just went home, ya know. Though that happening frustrated me, I felt better after seeing him. I was at his place 'til about midnight which brought about me being late to work as previously mentioned.

There's been other things in my mind lately, and will tell more one of the next few days. Just things going through my head. Family, friends, career change..Actually this Friday, I'm going back up to the DC area to do another interview with this one company. The first time was with the manager of the hiring company (oh which by the way surprised me how good I did at the interview) I can't even imagine the thoughts popping up in my head as I was driving. Oh my god, what's gonna happen if my car breaks down? What if I get into accident and would have to call them to cancel? So much for positive thinking!! Hahaha I did well enough to warrant a second interview :) This second time around though, I'll be meeting up with the hiring manager once again, to go to the actual agency i MIGHT be working for. See what the actual workcenter is going to be, though I have a feeling it'll be another windowless office (T_T) They tend to drive me nuts sometimes since it makes me miss just looking at the sun or the things going on outside. I'm gonna be meeting the actual people I will be working with/for. Somehow I really feel good about this position. The past week or so though, sorta questioning whether I wouldn't mind doing tech support once again. Sorta getting frustrated at work, which was a rare thing for me to happen. I get easily contented wherever I'm put, but it's being kept out of the loop that was driving me nuts.

But I think, with being a civilian, I'll feel freer knowing that I can up and quit if I'm not happy with the way things are going. Coz with the current situation, they'll pretty much tell ya to get over it since you knew what you're getting into after joining. Ha! If I knew, I wouldn't have joined in the first place. Haha It's been good in the long run. Five weeks to go before I'm out. Woohooo!!

It's actually been about a year now since I first started this good ole. And for that, I'm glad that I kept on though I got really close to getting rid of it right after I started it. I freaked out when I thought I might have pissed a blogger over something I wrote. But anyways, though there hasn't been more entries as there could have been. Just thought I'd say thanks to you guys, and gals namely: Robert, Matt, Rey, Jon, Mush, Dessie, Cesar, Joy, and Mike. Thanks for letting us peek into your lives. It's great to have known you so far :) And also, for reading mine, of course. Taking notice of a boy, and giving him a sense of belonging in this cyberspace. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment