Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Nights....

After working days last Sunday, I had to adapt right the next day and do the evening shift. It'll just be for this week though, working twelve hours which can be a drag at times. They had to have even one person at work over the weekend and I volunteered for Sunday to get it over it, earning me a comp day which I got to use last Friday for the interview instead of taking leave/vacation.

It's weird how this whole time I kept wishing if I could just be at work all by myself, I'll be happy. Won't let that happen again!! It wasn't as great as I had it envisioned. It got lonely just sitting there with nobody to talk to. I brought some DVD's to watch, and books to re-read bu really didn't get to any of them. I watched Wallace and Gromit's first 10 minutes but stopped it since I didn't want something playing in the background while I ate. I like the quiet sometimes. Just sitthing there thoughts running through my head, wondering about things.

I pretty much stayed the same spot those 12 hours I worked. At one point, I got close to calling people I know just so I can have somebody to talk to. The feeling went away so that was a good thing. Mostly spent the rest of the day tweaking my iPod which is now dead, working on my mom's paperwork, setting up some spreadsheets, and just going through a bud's archive. I thought about posting with ALL that downtime I had but just sat there, and endeed up not writing anything. Funny how sometimes I think my life's too boring I'll fall asleep just writing about goings-on or the lack of it. It's all in my head though, and I think that happens when I think the others are living a more exciting life. But at the same time, what brings us joy and/or happiness varies from one person to another so it can't really be compared. That's stupid when I do that.

Anyways, with the mom thing, I'm just trying to get her paperwork done and over with which hopefully is in the very last stages. She's more than likely gonna be staying with my aunt (her sister) instead of me. This warrants a post of it's own, to go along with one I started two months ago. I wish I can go back to a day where I didn't judge my parents, and just love them for who they are. I tell myself they tried the best they can with what they have, but sometimes I can't help to think differently. Maybe it wasn't as easy as I think it was, or it might have been, there's really no way of knowing.

Anyway, for this week I'm part of an exercise where we 'play war.' Good thing I'm a non-player though which means I don't have to put on a gas mask or anything if we get 'attacked.' I'm an entry control point guy, making sure that people have all their equipment, and that it's labelled correctly. Lots of people go through the tent, and it's fun getting to look at some. Cute guys, and gals (mostly guys :). We have to brief them as to what's been happening, and advice them on what gears to wear. With the labelling, one goes on the right breast pocket and I've had to actually write their names down on a tape, then stick it on their chest. Ooolala. Especially if they're cute. I develop like 20-sec crushes but it kinda goes away so that's a good thing. Though I'd have to admit I have a thing when someone that wears a flight suit. I remember it making my goal to sleep with one who does, but I'm kinda over that. It hasn't been too bad though, working the entry control point. Though sometimes like today, I just wanted to stretch out on the floor and sleep. Hey, at least now we had chairs and tables! Last night, we didn't have any so ended up sitting on the grass. It's 4 pm to 4 am and it's a little over 5 so I'm going to bed now.

I actually haven't talked with the company I interviewed for. It was supposed to be Monday, but the recruiter e-mailed saying he didn't know anything yet so will get back to me when he does. Come Tuesday, he called twice but I ended up missing his calls since I was busy letting people in. He said he'll call again tomorrow so will see. It's a bit hard to say what the outcome was because it was hard to tell with his voice. So will see tomorrow.

My eyes is about ready to shut so will go to bed now before I type up random letters that doesn't make sense.

P.S.
I finally got to talk to the recruiter today, 1321 after playing tag all day yesterday and he said that the agency's having a tough time making their decision. It's down to me and one other guy so yea, they will make the final decision later on today. The recruiter said he has a good feeling they'd pick me, but really can't get my hopes. I'm thinking positive, but at the same time, not having high expectations. If that makes sense. Having expectations is a sure way to disappointment, and I think not having any, or barely any makes life more surprising since you never know what's around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment