Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Getting back

The day before I had to go to Richmond was when I went by the community college to schedule a placement test. I'll be taking it around 9 am so that'll be five hours as I'm typing this. I'm just gonna be registering for one class though since getting Speech over with is my priority. It'll last for eight weeks over the summer, two sessions a week which I'm really hoping I manage. Either that or a five week course, meeting three sessions each week. I only have a day left to decide, ooops. Didn't realize that 'til today. Still working twelve hours so that'll be a bit of a beach hehe

Aside from that, the Richmond event turned out good. It was fun, talking to people about the product we were endorsing. I had NO clue about car racing beforehand, and was given a crash course minutes before we opened. I was just quiet the first hour or so trying to listen in to the 'expert' and see what she tells the fans. After that, I was kinda set so demonstrating to people how to work the device. The device was called a Fanview and it's something car racing fans use to actually watch the game in the palm of their hands, and even listen in to the drivers. That was really neat I thought, and a lot of fans were really excited about it. I just stood there at times and just listen to them, well not ramble, but explaining how NASCAR works and all. It was fun, inspite of pretty much standing for a good seven hours. I was sooo tired on the way home, having slept only three hours again that morning before the event. I'll post some pictures later when I get it uploaded on flickr. I'll be found out sort of, so I'll post my self portrait so you can match the name with the face though some have seen me behind-the-scenes. I posted my family's so why can't I post mine. Yea, maybe I'm just a pussy haha.

That's pretty much what's been going on really. I hang out with two cool guys last week and hope I become good friends with them. It was fun just to get coffee, sit with them and talk. They're both funny so that's real good, I just hope they don't find me boring. Yikes, insecurity creeping in. I think I can be funny (I've been told I am) though dunno if that works even when I don't make jokes. I can just be talking to them and they'll blurt out "You're funny" so hmmmm. Oh well.

But anyways, just wanted to thank those who stop by ever since I started. I'm touched.. no, not by an angel or anything, just touched. Really feels nice, that you take the time to read and see what's going on. I used to think that people are probably just being nice (oh dear, i hope not!) but that has changed. Well good day to you, and you.. and you and you and youUUU.

No comments:

Post a Comment