Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Three hours



Yep, un dos tres. That's how much sleep I got for today before coming in to work. Tonight's the only time I have to work though so it's not too bad. I worked the previous weekend, and will be this upcoming weekend so can't really beat that. I've sorta ran out of things to do though.

I got off work Monday morning and was planning to get some errands done. With seven things on my to do list, I accomplished one the first day I was off. I was meaning to do a bunch at least, but the computer kept calling me once I got home. So instead of taking a shower, I ended up being glued to it for a couple of hours. It was good though, got to talk to my friend, and then to my family later on the day. It was with my aunt that I haven't seen in about seven years. Woww, I didn't realize it has been that long. But yea, my family is spread out all over so it can be rough at times.


My aunt has a daughter that's five years old now,that I have yet to meet, I love her just as much. Whenever I'd talk to them online, or on the phone, I get real happy just seeing her. She's such a darling, and her laugh is just contagious. I bought her a Crazy Frog stuffed toy and you can hear her giggling while the frog goes A ding ding ding ding dididing ding bing bing pscht,Dorhrm bom bom bedom bem bom bedom bom bum ba ba bom bom
Sometimes when I think about it, that's how it works with family I guess. You might have never met some, yet you adore them just the same. Sorta the same in the online community, you get to know people and you care about them deeply just as much. Some that you've never ever met, maybe even never will in some cases, yet that still doesn't stop you from caring. Weird as it may seem, we learn to love these people. I think though we are afraid to say those words sometimes. I know I am. Instead we say 'I care' or 'I miss you.' But deep down, you know you loooove them.

Well talking to the family, I finally went to the post office to file petition papers for my mom. This is the second time I'm filing since we did back in February 05, but nothing came out of it. I had to shell out close to $200 again but oh well, hopefully it gets approved this time around and we hear back from them. I'm trying to get it taken care of while I'm still in the military, and that's about for seven months.

Come Tuesday, I still had to mail out some more things and I do not know what was happening, but I kept switching the zip code digits around. It would have been alright if it only happened once. But nope! This day where I had to mail some 'packages' out, I made a mistake not once but twice that I had to keep going back to my notebook to check. She was saying how the zip codes I put down doesn't exist. The second time it happened, she gave me THAT look. I wanted to say, I swear I'm not an idiot, but that'll probably just prove her opinion about me. I should just be whateva, I'ma do what I want!! But I'm still working on that. Like me please!

Aside from that, well there's a NASCAR Cup Race going on this weekend about an hour from where I live. I saw an ad that they needed some promo models and I emailed them a picture, sort of as a joke to see if they'd get in touch. Well they called Monday and they told me to get back with them later on that day so they can make a decision come Tuesday. I ended up sleeping and didn't wake up til about midnight so really can't call them by then. Come daytime, I fell asleep in the couch after watching 'Happiness.' I was gonna do some weights but passed out while thinking about it. So Tuesday rolls and I woke up and did some errands and didn't get to call them either. Slack much!? Well Wednesday rolled around and I gave them a ring, figured it couldn't hurt. And two hours later, they called and said they'd still take me. So kinda excited about that, it'll be a whole day event and I'll be in the booths for a cellphone company. Definitely could use some extra cash. I'm exhausting everything I can, before resorting to getting a roommate. I'm considering it again, though an intern or a summer student might not be too bad. Just as long as I make sure they can pay upfront, and not take their 'word' like last time. Lesson learned on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment