Thursday, September 21, 2006

He got it from his mama... mama's side of the family


I felt like a grown man walking around in a suit. I went for a job interview after a 3-hr drive to the DC area and managing not to get lost. Yay me. I brought a change of clothes and got suited up about an hour before the interview. It turned out pretty well, though I slipped a little come salary requirement time. I told him a figure instead of saying I'm open for negotiations. Yeouch.. I'm now glad I went since I sure as heck wasn't on my the drive up. It was a good experience and to get a better feel of what to expect since it was the first interview I've ever gone to. Thanks to my friend for believing, know that your message was a boost in my confidence. At least, I didn't go in and took my top off if I would have gone in with a low self-esteem (Arrested Development ref)

As far as hairlines go, guys are supposed to get theirs from the mother's side of the family from what I've read. Mine sure has receeded, looking at some pictures 4 years ago. It's funny how some people bring it up, as if we're not aware of it already happening. Just trying to grow my hair out and this in between period kind sucks. These are pics I took on our first day of 'freedom' from basic training (bootcamp). We got to go to a store and walk around the base ON OUR OWN! I'll write about that one day to give a feel as to what it was like. I can now look back and smile but that was the longest six weeks I ever had.

I have a notebook worth of quotations I've started writing down when I was 16. Thought I'd share:

Happiness comes to those who give love freely and who don't demand that others love them first. Be generous like the sun's rays, which shine witout asking first whether people deserve their warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment