Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Potatoe...

I seriously had a brain fart on Thursday when I was volunteering. I signed up to help at the Food and Friends which turned out gooood. I had time to kill since I didn't have to show up until 6, and I get off at 3:30. I just walked around Chinatown for a bit since that was where I was gonna make a transfer to get to where I needed to go. It was actually fun. It lasted for two hours and I helped out in the kitchen cutting up vegetables...celery, peppers, and potatoes. The chef actually showed us a way of cutting up the peppers if you don't want the seeds of it. You cut the top just right before you get to the seeds, then do the same to the sides and to the bottom. Then after that, slice up the pepper however you'd want it.

It was a GLBT volunteer organization I was with and at least it was all guys these time. I thought one was cute but I really didn't get to talk to him since he was in the other table. But then, I really didn't talk much to the guys I was with either. They'd ask questions here and there but as far as contributing to the convo, I didn't say much. I don't do well with group conversations. Towards the end, as we're putting the chopped vegetables away, we were supposed to label it with the date they were cut up and what kind they were. I did the pepper earlier so told the group I'd do the same though as I was getting ready to write down the name, I forgot for a second how to spell potato. I was quiet for a second, but ended up asking the guys how to spell it since one of them was an English teacher. They just started laughing. I didn't talk much yet had them laughing in a few words *grins. Now, they'll remember me as the guy who can't spell since one commented how I'm cute but not a good speller. I can be funny without trying so guess that's a good thing at least. People I've met for the first time tell me I'm funny and that's when I'm not even joking around. Even a personal trainer told me I am funny when I was just lifting in front of her pssshhht..

So that, I got home around 9 and stayed up 'til about 11. Got online for a bit though I haven't gone to any personals and chat but tonight was different. Put my picture up and talked to maybe three people. I don't initiate conversations either since it'll go down the drain, it just does for some reason when I private someone so I just don't. I haven't been getting on like I used to but I get too bored sometimes. Bored where reading a book or watching a movie wouldn't fix. I met up with one Friday eventhough I was planning to go out to the club again. Hang out with him for a few hours. It was nice, we actually had things to talk about and the night prior when we spoke for the first time, there wasn't a moment of silence so that's a good thing. He'll just be in the area 'til next month though but heh, I don't wanna look that far. I'll just take it for what it is and enjoy whatever time we have. E- lives a few states away and working here in the area for a bit.

On the weekend, I ended up going to the mall both days. I wasn't planning to on Sunday but I lost a little notebook I've had for the past four years. It has addresses, phone numbers, just random things that really wouldn't matter to anyone but me, well except for my bank account hahaha I'm glad I got it back though.

I managed to catch a cold yet again so haven't been feeling too good until now. I think it was getting me down somehow and today's been a better day than the past two, that's for sure. I woke up and was even singing getting dressed. Well that's because I got to talk to E- last night too. I didn't call him 'til just last night and was getting all worried.. Mann, the thoughts that goes through one's head sometimes. Why hasn't he called!? Didn't he like me like he said he did!? And to think, I've only seen him once...

After getting off work yesterday, I went to the cemetery as well for a little bit. Yea, so gothic of me like my friend said it. He said it probably won't be such a good idea to go to one to help cheer me up. I think it did me good though, I just went straight for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetery and hang around for an hour or so. Just sitting there, paying respect and trying my best to shift the focus in something outside myself. A reminder that it's not always about me since sometimes I do forget that it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment